Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung 980 pro nvme -----> samsung magician problem

(Topic created on: 08-10-2021 01:16 AM)
Kroquette
Student
Options

Hi, first i'm sorry for my english !

Yesterday i updated my pc to windows 11 and i got an error for samsung magician " failed to initialize application, please reinstall the application ". I tried to reinstall many times but again error ... I tried to repair net framework too and again the same error, i don't know what to do ... 😕

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Kroquette
Student
Options

sorry it's an 970 evo ^^

0 Likes
fufubro
Journeyman
Options

Open the task scheduler in windows and search for the samsung magician scheduled task there.

Right click it and select properties.

in the general tab, at the bottom , set it to be configured for windows 10.

Mine was somehow set for vista and windows server 2008.

Kroquette
Student
Options

hi i tried what you say but the only compatibility mode is xp to windows 8 idon't have windows 10 :/, i tried to set it in admin mode etc but nothing change !Nouveau Bitmap image.png

0 Likes
Kroquette
Student
Options

i'm going to reinstall from scratch everything ...

0 Likes
powersteff
Apprentice
Options

Dear all, 

The Samsung 980 Pro series is out there for many months now. I understand there is still no specific Samsung driver for the NVMe. Unfortunately, it is therefore also not fully integrated into Samsung Magician. Even if Magician is advertised as a relevant download on the 980 Pro support pages.

Are there any plans to provide a driver?

Are there any plans to adapt Magician?

It almost feels as if different development groups at Samsung would not communicate with each other. This is a first. I always was impressed by the professionalism of Samsung...

Please advise!

0 Likes
fufubro
Journeyman
Options

nope , you didn't do what i said.

i said open the task scheduler.   something like that in french : planificateur de tâches.  I also increased the delay of the scheduled task that loads magician.1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

4.jpg
fufubro
Journeyman
Options

already re-installed magician , didnt help.

0 Likes
Kroquette
Student
Options

ok thx anyway my solution was to reinstalling everything from scratch and not just updating windows !!!

0 Likes
Menorca_Man
Student
Options

Thank's very much.  I had updated to the latest version of Magician (v7.0.0) and received the reported error message after each system boot. Followed your instructions and problem is now sorted. 👍👍

0 Likes