Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portable blu ray writer Model SE-506, firmware update and windows 10 driver needed

(Topic created on: 24-08-2020 09:43 AM)
alex_74o
First Poster
Options

Dear Sirs,

I have change the operating system of my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

When I connect the portable blu ray writer Model SE-506 via USB I can work with CDs and DVDs. But Blu Ray discs are not being recognized anymore.

It seems that the player is not compatible to Windows 10 at all.

Where can I get a driver for Windows 10 and if needed a firmware update?

Many thanks,

Alex

154 REPLIES 154
NNestor
Journeyman
Options

well read then they probably read. but they do not plan to do anything. In correspondence, they translate the arrow and advised to contact the manufacturer (Toshiba)

0 Likes
Quidgebo
First Poster
Options

If it works with DVD then that confirms it is functional. See my above posts, Win 10 doesn't support Blu-ray movies automatically. You have to buy a Win 10 compatible Blu-ray player software or if more technical then google 'Windows 10 AACS' and follow the instructions. Blu-ray has encryption security needed to play which isn't part of the OS so needed for VLC or Windows Player (or any player) to read Blu-ray movies.

0 Likes
NNestor
Journeyman
Options

the whole misunderstanding is that my drive does not see the blur even on old windows.
DVD works in any mode and on any system, but as soon as you put on the blur - no

Vietty
First Poster
Options

Works fine on WIndows 10 for me.  Use the VLC media availble here https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html. Add the AACS decoding avaialble here https://windowsreport.com/blue-ray-disc-needs-library-aacs-decording/.

0 Likes
krazzykate
Apprentice
Options
my wi-fi password,keeps comeing up as inncorect ive got virgin broadband,why,is this happenning?
0 Likes
Kazza61
Journeyman
Options

Mines be sat on a shelf not working for last 2 years. It just popped into my head to see if there was a solution yet and I saw your post. I couldn't find a split cable but I did find a couple of other similar cables and one of them worked a treat. Finally burning blu rays again thanks to you my friend. 

So it seems it's not the unit or the firmware but the cable! 

0 Likes
nostromo21
Journeyman
Options

Io uso il cavo dato in dotazione e ho provato anche altri cavi, anche del tipo a "Y" ma niente purtroppo nel frattempo ho acquistato un nuovo masterizzatore "non Samsung" che è molto veloce e affidabile. In tutto questo dispiace il silenzio di Samsung purtroppo.

0 Likes
Blu Ray Portable Wri
First Poster
Options

I need a driver for a Samsung Portable  BD Writer Model # SE-506.  This was made in 2013, so wanted to see if one might still be available for use on MacBook Pro M1 w/OSI Monterey

0 Likes
fwhite
First Poster
Options

I currently use this drive on a M1 MacBook Pro with no issues.  DVD plays and Blu ray discs works with Make MKV.  I haven't written on any discs, just read from.  So I can't say if it burns discs.

0 Likes
Members_EOhKSP8
First Poster
Options

Hello there,

I have the same kind of issue with my DVD writer SE-208. It works fine for playing DVD, but it can't burn discs anymore since I installed Windows 10. Windows advises me to update the firmware, but I do not know where I can find it, the website www.TSSTODD.com is no longer available. Can someone help me ? Thanks !

0 Likes