Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portable blu ray writer Model SE-506, firmware update and windows 10 driver needed

(Topic created on: 01-08-2020 05:51 PM)
alex_74o
First Poster
Options

Dear Sirs,

I have change the operating system of my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

When I connect the portable blu ray writer Model SE-506 via USB I can work with CDs and DVDs. But Blu Ray discs are not being recognized anymore.

It seems that the player is not compatible to Windows 10 at all.

Where can I get a driver for Windows 10 and if needed a firmware update?

Many thanks,

Alex

154 REPLIES 154
Gazzahuck
Student
Options

No updates    

It works as a DVD    But not Blue Ray. 

I'm going to assign ity to my Raspberry Pi and see if it works on that

Otherwise  Expensive  Paper Weight

0 Likes
NNestor
Journeyman
Options

yes. Samsung put a bolt on this apparent problem. "Think for yourself-decide for yourself. We don't care"

0 Likes
starwarsnerd
Apprentice
Options

how weird though, i was saying in my post all I did was change the cable to a double ended usb, as i dont think there was enough power supplied.

Once i switch the cable my pc detected the bluray player and I was able to burn a bluray disc and play back a bluray movie on it.

No windows drivers needed, just plug and play. Surely other people in this thread cant all be having issues ? are you all using a split usb cable ?

Micha_Err
Student
Options

@starwarsnerd wrote:

how weird though, i was saying in my post all I did was change the cable to a double ended usb, as i dont think there was enough power supplied.

Once i switch the cable my pc detected the bluray player and I was able to burn a bluray disc and play back a bluray movie on it.

No windows drivers needed, just plug and play. Surely other people in this thread cant all be having issues ? are you all using a split usb cable ?

Yes. I do the same. Y-Cable and 2speed writing IS possible 🤷🏻‍♂️

0 Likes
dmf1
First Poster
Options

Windows 10 home edition will see and play/rip music CDs and DVDs.

However when I put a bluray disc that is clean and new and works with my bluray player in our living room.

Nothing then happens, the drive will eject discs, the activity light flashes for a few seconds, but that is about it.,

the disc will not be seen or recognised by Windows 10. As I mentioned, CD and DVD work fine

but Bluray nothing. When I originally installed the drive into my PC everything was fine and I was very pleased with it,

but nothing has worked since a few windows updates ago. I like to be able to pop up stairs and put a movie on while my wife watches her TV programs. please help me resolve this issue.

0 Likes
nostromo21
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I lost a few months, I did all the necessary tests if it doesn't work, forget it and buy a new burner.

0 Likes
romaaiila
First Poster
Options

don't work with windows 10 32 bits

0 Likes
starwarsnerd
Apprentice
Options

im using windows 10 Pro, still working fine playing and burning blurays. As you can see the movie title it works, no drivers was needed, just a Y split usb cable for added power.

samsung bluray player.JPGbluray portable player.JPG

0 Likes
NNestor
Journeyman
Options

the device works surprisingly selectively. someone has no problems, and someone does not

0 Likes
nostromo21
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes