Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odyssey G7 28” Connectivity Problems

(Topic created on: 10-06-2022 07:54 AM)
GamerDF
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I am running a ASUS Strix 24gb 3090 and am also trying to run (3) Samsung non curved Odyssey G7 28” monitors. 

the computer recognizes the third panel but it stays black. Only two will work at the same time (all three work but not at the same time). Nvidia control panel will also only allow me to select 2 panels at one time.  Is it even possible to run 3 of these monitors at the same time? I am not trying to game on all three monitors… just trying to perform simple tasks initially. 

7 REPLIES 7
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Your better off searching youtube there are plenty of videos on how to do this step by step which will be easier as we can't see your cables, how you've set them up in windows etc etc.

If I was setting up a configuration like yours I add one monitor at a time and you'll soon work out what's causing your problem.
0 Likes
Lance Aviator
Student
Options

I am having the same issue with 3 new Samsung Neo G7 displays and a new HP computer with an Nvidia 3090 graphics card. Can only select 2 out of the 3 displays at any one time. I still have no solution and have tried a lot of things. HP and Nvidia are working on it. Do you have a solution you can share?. Thank you! Felix.  

SteelExorcist
Student
Options
Oh hey! I've found a potential fix on another forum after days of searching. I use triple Samsung G70A monitors and a MSI 3080.

I've found that setting 2 out of 3 monitors to Displayport 1.2 and leaving 1 monitor to Displayport 1.4 fixed the problem. Hope this helps! :smiling-face:
Lance Aviator
Student
Options

Thank you for your response! HP figured out that I had to lower my refresh rate from 165MHz to 120Mhz for all 3 displays in order to work at 4K resolution. The Nvidia 3090 cannot handle three (3) 4K, 32-inch displays with HDMI simultaneously at that high resolution. It works fine now and at 120MHz I have plenty high refresh rates. In addition to engineering work I also use MSFS 2020 with all three screens at 4K and it runs quite well.

R43HUM
First Poster
Options
Hey @SteelExorcist thank you so much it worked for me. However I've only got 60htz on 2 monitors and 144htz on the other. Do you also have this issue too? Is there any way making all 3 screens 120htz maybe because having 1.2 limits the refresh rate? Many thanks
SteelExorcist
Student
Options
Hey, sorry for the late reply! I have it set to the same, my main monitor is 120hz and the other two are 60hz. I'm not sure if Displayport 1.2 might work.

Apparently it's because most graphics cards can only process a maximum number of pixels (the Nvidia 3090 is 7680 x 4320 @ 120hz), and 144hz isn't yet supported. I'm not sure if having two GPUs can support this, though that might be expensive. Still, glad to hear you've got all 3 monitors working! ^_^
0 Likes
Bartleby1894
First Poster
Options

I’m running a 4090 and have run into this issue. Where do I go to change the display port version? This is so frustrating. 😕

0 Likes