Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odyseey G& 4k 28" Audio Issues

(Topic created on: 01-12-2023 03:35 PM)
scrappysphinx
First Poster
Options

Hi all, i've had my Odyssey G7 for about a week now and in terms of image quality i'm really happy. I'm using it with an i9-12900k and an RTX 4090 and for gaming in 4K i really can't fault it however i seem to be having an issue with the audio. 

I have the monitor connected via DisplayPort and audio is coming through but when playing music or watching a tv show it seems to be doing some sort of processing and adjusting the volume so its louder in some sections and quieter in others.

I have looked through the settings and made sure Auto Volume is turned off and Intelligent Sound Mode is also disabled but these don't seem to have made any difference and its quite frustrating.

I switch the audio output to the 2nd samsung screen i have connected (1080p 22" tv) via HDMI then the audio is fine so i really do feel its something the screen is processing but i cannot figure out what or how to disable it.

Anyone have any ideas?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @scrappysphinx 

Did you manage to find a solution to this, or are you still having the same issue?

0 Likes
scrappysphinx
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris, sadly no i have not found a solution, currently i am using an external audio option in the form of a sound bar because the built in speakers volume adjusting itself is really quite frustrating when the options are disabled. More worryingly this week though i've had a few instances where the image flickers off and on a few times and then i get a message about there having been an error on the device connected to the DisplayPort.

I first had this when i was watching the football via Amazon Prime Video on Wednesday evening but this also happened a few times again last night (Friday) during gaming online with some friends. 

I received the monitor exactly 2 weeks ago today and was fairly happy, other than the audio volume issue, but now i'm in two minds as to whether to contact the retailer and ask to return it or not if i'm being honest. Error.jpg

0 Likes