Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New T5: Took photos off my computer

(Topic created on: 03-07-2020 04:31 PM)
MLH1
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can advise me so I don't have to ask my ex-husband for help! 🙂

I bought the T5 to backup my computer and save my family photos (which also live on iCloud) as well as a large library of music my ex gave me on another portable HD. After reading many articles online, it looked like I didn't need to format the T5 - just plug in and go. I did download the T5 software but I didn't partition it or anything like that.

I'm not certain exactly what I did, but I seem to have a backup on the T5. However, I can't access the photos that lived in the Apple Photo app on my laptop. I'm getting this message:

This library contains items that need to download from iCloud Photo Library.

To download the complete library, delete the incomplete items, then set this library as the System Photo Library in Preferences and enable iCloud Photo Library. This will disable iCloud Photo Library on any other libraries.

So my question to all you smart people: what do I do now to restore local access to my photos AND ensure that I didn't compromise the library for backup? It should still be on iCloud, right? I don't want to choose "Delete Incomplete Items" without understanding what that means.

HELP! and thank you!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
SamB4
First Poster
Options

Hi! Check the settings in your Photos Library and enable the option to download photos to your device. Here you can find the screenshot of this window. 

0 Likes