Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft to stop Android apps on Windows 11

(Topic created on: 07-03-2024 03:29 PM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I hope this doesn't affect Samsung apps.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
13 REPLIES 13
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hopefully not, somewhat disappointing none the less.   According to "The Verge"  with the focus on AI Android Apps may not be worth the resources. Another possibility  is that people searching  for Android apps on Windows expected the full  Google Play  Store experienc and not Amazon’s variant, which has an inferior overall selection.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah hoping I don't loose all my Samsung apps, but they do come from a separate Samsung Driver, Apps application, but just assumed that is a similar scenario to Amazon.

Problem with partnership's here one day, gone the next.

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
That's a big disappointment, after they made Microsoft users pay for Microsoft services for years, now they are withdrawing support. Not fair play.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Now if O365 to Samsung Gallery were to lose integration 🫠

Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
One Drive belongs to Microsoft isn't it? I hope we can keep it. It's my favourite cloud app.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

yes One Drive is a Miocrosoft product, some use Google one.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
Thank you for confirming.

They say in the article not enough people use Microsoft but some use it to write documents, and the Microsoft Ecosystem is very nice and accessible and I am paying for it. Some users are well used to it, and I don't know another app that you can use same like Microsoft to use for your files.
0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
If they get rid of onedrive support, ill be switching to google and hope that they integrate google photos backup into gallery. I pay £2 a month for 100gb of storage and i dont regret it, although i will regret it if they decide to mess it up.
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I am glad that works for you.
I never used Google instead Microsoft.
I hope Microsoft will consider old paying customers.
0 Likes