(Topic created on: 27-03-2023 03:47 PM)
W9387_
First Poster
Options

Updated to 7.3.0

It won't open. I have the following in the logs:

"_WINDOW process died, reason::launch-failed"

When running from command prompt, the following error appears after some time:

"[5808:0327/102752.512:ERROR:gpu_init.cc(521)] Passthrough is not supported, GL is disabled, ANGLE is"

40 REPLIES 40
tehtechie
Student
Options

I was able to get it to launch by modifying the command line of the shortcut to:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Samsung Magician\SamsungMagician.exe" -no-sandbox

AZ12zFzjrK.png

Arctic_Hare
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for me. The App still **bleep** an icon on the taskbar after asking me to allow it to make changes to my device, but there is no program window. All I can do is click on the taskbar icon and select close application.

0 Likes
NinoAR
Student
Options

that works for me, but i can't run it at startup. When I restart, I need to end the task in the task manager and then run the shortcut with the -no-sandbox modificaton from my desktop.

I'm not sure what this modification does and how it changes the way the program runs, but it seems to work.

0 Likes
Stefano7807
Explorer
Options

That works for me. 

Thank you

0 Likes
CracckedSoftware
First Poster
Options

Fix this Samsung, it's been months...

WTF "multinational" 

TSMAN-IT
First Poster
Options

I have not been able to 7.3 to work on any machine Windows 10 or Windows 11, various hardware configs and different Samsung SSD's SATA and NVMe.

My biggest concern is I have many 980 Pro drives and I need to confirm I am on the latest firmware so they don't die prematurely.

0 Likes
Arctic_Hare
Explorer
Options

What is the issue with the 980 Pro drive firmware? I am also running that drive.

0 Likes
TSMAN-IT
First Poster
Options

Some issue with a version of the firmware causing them to fail quickly.  Many of the tech tubers covered it, but Toms had it first.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/samsung-980-pro-ssd-failures-firmware-update

0 Likes
T S
Apprentice
Options

I can confirm pinning the magician icon to my taskbar and then editing that to have -no-sandbox gets the app to start once I kill off processes that come up at startup. I'm digging through my registry now to try to identify where the hell Samsung **bleep** the startup key so I can modify the actual startup value. Will post back.

0 Likes
Arctic_Hare
Explorer
Options

What are the names of the processes that "come up at startup"?

0 Likes