Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just received a brand new defective Smart Monitor M70A...

(Topic created on: 23-02-2022 01:43 PM)
answersun
Journeyman
Options

Purchased two 32" M70A UHD Smart Monitor via Samsung's official website on the 16th of February 2022, received them yesterday and opened one of them now on the 23rd. I'm so shocked and disappointed once I turned the monitor on, the screen is defective and in very bad shape, as you can see in the following attached photos:

IMG_20220223_125158.jpgIMG_20220223_125435.jpgIMG_20220223_125643.jpg

IMG_20220223_130034.jpg

Is Samsung's quality control so bad? How can such thing happen to a brand new monitor? I'm so disappointed.

Luckily I have video proof of the unboxing in case they think I did something to break the monitor...

I Have sent an email to report issue, think it's worthwhile to post it here as well. 

I'm going to open the other box now,  let's hope the same won't happen again, will post follow up here.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
answersun
Journeyman
Options

Haven't opened the other box yet, been searching online and contacting Samsung support for help.

The support team suggested me to do a reset for the monitor (disconnect the monitor from power supply for more than 1 hour), which indeed improved the quality, but still far away from normal, please check the videos bellow. 

0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Oh no, I purchased the 43 and 32 both amazing with dex laptops via USB C, ditched my docking stations.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
answersun
Journeyman
Options

Looks like the moderator doesn't want to approve my videos, forcing me to publish them to youtube in order to post here...

Screen status after turning on for the first time after unboxing the device...

Screen status after resetting the device (disconnect from power supply for at least 1 hour) as suggested by Samsung support team, still far away from normal. 

They said they can't send technicial to come to my place to check the device, I have to waste my time and take it to one of their repair center, what the heck? 

How can such defective device pass quality control and get shipped to customer, Samsung???

About the 2nd monitor, I have unboxed and tested, for now everything looks good, haven't detected any issue yet, let's hope it will stay good.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
I'd demand a replacement for the faulty one as that shouldn't happen and the picture isn't right still
0 Likes
answersun
Journeyman
Options

That's what I did, looks like they are not very responsive, so far haven't got any reply yet...

0 Likes
answersun
Journeyman
Options

I think it's just my bad luck, but still I'm surprised how such defective device can pass quality control. Anyway, I'm in talk with the Samsung support team to get a replacement.

0 Likes
answersun
Journeyman
Options

Hum, it's been a whole week, Samsung hasn't replied any of my emails, what the heck? 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Which email address did you send to, @answersun? Have you tried contacting the Online Shop Team directly? They can be reached on 03307267467.

0 Likes
answersun
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I purchased the smart monitors in Samsung Portugal's website, I contacted them via the email sep.contactus@samsung.com, the web form, live chat (always saying that there's no available agent to help) and phone call +351 210 608 098.

Managed to get through the phone call and talked with them yesterday, they say indeed there are several entries of my inquiries and it's not normal they haven't replied over a week, since they usually reply within 2 business days. The people on the phone promised me that he would talk with his colleagues and get back to me as soon as possible on the same day, which didn't happen and I'm still waiting for any sort of reply from them...

0 Likes