Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odyssey G9 Neo Not Switching Inputs from Sleep

(Topic created on: 24-02-2022 06:25 PM)
paulmh5
Journeyman
Options

I have recently received my G9 Neo and I am having an issue with what seems like a basic feature.

My laptop connects via HDMI and PC via DP.  If I power up the 2nd device while the first is on, the screen switches inputs fine.  If I power one off, then power the 2nd up the screen stays in sleep.  I need to press the power button, then go via the menu to switch inputs (and the input is green so it knows something is there).

This is something I've never had a problem with on any monitor with multiple inputs, what am I missing?  I've tried with Auto Source Switch+ turned off and on and that seems to make no difference with my issue.

A Samsung support "expert" suggested I should really only have one thing connected to the monitor so I don't hold much hope with that avenue of help.

49" Odyssey Neo G9 

9 REPLIES 9
MrNeedlemouse
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue. Frustrating...

Saltkongen
First Poster
Options

Loving my new screen, hating having to turn it on by hand. 😄

Feels soo stupid having to wake it up to use it.

Firmware 1011 changed nothing sadly

paubarbar
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
paulmh5
Journeyman
Options

Unfortunately as that other thread suggests its not really an answer just the description of a feature which doesn't actually work.

0 Likes
Saltkongen1
First Poster
Options

Having to turn on your  1000$+ G9 by hand and mess around in the menu before you use it, really does make it something special. 😄☹️

paulmh5
Journeyman
Options

Yeah, special can also mean bad...It fits nicely with my screen tearing on HDMI when coming out of sleep which means I need to cycle to display port and back again.

0 Likes
tonypiom
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, how hard is it to remember the last display and switch when a new display is plugged in ***** My laptop plugs in and nothing changes with auto switch on and the previous computer asleep. It’s infuriating as the menu / display is partially unresponsive for a minute. 

Sirricardo
First Poster
Options

Same issue... What are they thinking. 
Surely is is a simple software fix. You cant tell me they designed it in a way that its not possible to auto switch...

0 Likes
JArmstrong
Apprentice
Options

The Neo G9 is one of the quirkiest, most nonfunctional high end monitor I have ever owned.  For the price tag you would think it would do your laundry for you but it has many MANY MANY problems to the point I do not recommend it to anyone who asks.   Autoswitch is just one example.  

When I think of autoswitch, as with most mid-range or high end monitors, I think of a multi input situation where one or more inputs are active, one goes in active and the monitor will AUTOSWITCH to the active inputs for example I have my laptop and desktop plugged in, I shut down my laptop and the monitor automatically switches over to the other active input.  On the neo g9, in a fit of utter stupidity in terms of implementation, the monitor simply goes to sleep... worst yet, it kills the negotiation with the other input and the other device believes the monitor has been disconnected.... what Einstein came up with this is beyond me. 

LG does it correctly, Asus monitors work fine in a multi-input situation, Samsung monitors are completely useless in this function.  They should just remove the "autoswitch" option in the menu, IT DOES NOTHING!