Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INVALID SERIAL NUMBER in Samsung Redemption

(Topic created on: 18-07-2021 03:24 PM)
jbl14
First Poster
Options

I bought a 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Samsung has a cashback promo for SSD's. But when I type the serial number on Samsung Redemption site. It says the Serial number/IMEI is invalid. Does anyone experience the same?

I have emailed promos@samsung.au multiple times already but no luck on reply.

Can anyone confirm that this cashback promo is legit?

0 Likes
60 REPLIES 60
ccvale
Journeyman
Options

promos.au eventually got back to me asking for the information I have sent in the last 3 emails.

And they will sort it out for me?

But they did get back to me eventually and they did give me an answer and an alternative.

But the website does not work with some serial numbers. by the looks, no answer and no technical response to a detailed email i sent with screen shots of the pro-forma with the data I entered and with photo's of the drives and copies of the invoices, etc.. Anyway at least I got a sensible responce 

0 Likes
unhappy_camper
Student
Options

This issue is still going on in July 2021!! I had the same problem.  After contacting promotions and service desk they advised that the problem was solved. Presumably added my serial number to database.  Now I can't even login.  Looks like they may have different systems. Au promotions haven't even bothered to respond to my latest email requesting assistance.  Have bought two SSDs, one under the $25 cash back and one with game offer (980 Pro and 870 QVO).  Haven't seen any sign of being able to claim on either. Not impressed at all. What a complete waste of my time following up on this.  I'm thinking of returning the SSDs to the retailer on principle or failing that registering a complaint with Fair Trading.  

ccvale
Journeyman
Options

Yes I have experienced a similar problem, I bought 6 Samsung EVO's and QVO's. Firstly the serial numbers could not be entered into the redemption website after sending many emails to the following addresses redemption.au@samsung.com and  promos.au@samsung.com 

I eventually got a response after 4 days making out I had entered information incorrectly into the redemption forms. They pointed out that it had to be the 15 digit serial number off the actual device not the 14 digit number off the box...I was already aware of this from other people in the forum, so I then sent screen shots to the two email addresses of the forms on their redemption claim login and of it failing to take the model and serial. I also sent the original invoices from the company I purchased and also  photo's of the serial no's on the devices. After another 4 days I received an email telling me I can only claim 3 of the devices and to send them the photo's of the 3 specific items serial numbers I was to claim on. They suggested the higher value ones. I read the conditions and yes a private person can only claim 3 devices and they need to be different devices. The wording was very poorly written in the conditions. After sending another email and waiting 3-4 days they confirmed I could claim any three of the higher value items. The closing date for claiming is the 31/7/2021 So I suggest you continue.. I will finish the saga here. So eventually I got an email 2 days after  requesting that I can now go to the redemption login and claim the 3 item, I sent and confirmed with photo's and the invoice from the supplier (Mind you the supplier was in their list of suppliers) again for the third time.  Low and behold the redemption site allowed me to claim them and it now says YOUR CLAIM IS IN PROGRESS..... However this was 14 days ago, since then I have emailed them asking when I will get money into my account.. The reply was this 

Good Afternoon Craig, Thank you for your email.

Your claim has been validated as of the 06/07/2021

As per T’s and C’s please allow 60 days from the date of validation for payment to be processed.

We appreciate your patience with this matter

So my advice to you is. Get 3 of the highest value items for claim, take photo's of the serial numbers on them, this means open them and take a photo of the serial on the device. Then or if you haven't made sure that the company you purchased is one of the companies in their list check that it is in the redemption pull down list. I purchased mine off Futu_online on eBay which trades as K.S computer technology. Anyway I am not sure where you are but if Australia use the emails I provided, I guess the American ones are different check on the redemption site it tells you. They will get back to you after they have put the serials you provide into their system and you will be able to claim on the redemption site.... The process took me over two weeks of emails back and forth and I still do not have the money in my account yet. ATM they have all of my details and my bank account details and have probably sold the information who know for a $39 money back deal.. I can tell you that it was not worth the hours of drama with them and that they must make it this difficult as most people will not persist. It is a sad little world. There is a few traps with their redemption site the model names are confusing and you must make sure you select the correct model with the 15 digit serial and they must confirm and enter your 15 digit serial before you can claim by my experience Thanks and persist  Craig

ccvale
Journeyman
Options

Are you in Australia or USA? what email are you emailing to? at SAMSUNG? 

0 Likes
unhappy_camper
Student
Options

Australia.  Emailed to promos.au@samsung.com.   What I find particularly irksome is that they have know issues and have let it go on for months wasting countless people's time.  I too have sent photos of the disk etc showing serial numbers as well as purchase receipts.  They obviously have no concern over creating disaffected customers

ccvale
Journeyman
Options

It has to be deliberate as most people wont follow through and hence if they drag it on long enough the offer will expire before they get a claim in by 31/7/2021. You must get the claim in before then.  Don't give up!!

0 Likes
ccvale
Journeyman
Options

its about saving money I think.. The redemption program must be rated on how much money they save by not giving the money offered back!!

0 Likes
ccvale
Journeyman
Options

They also have our data and bank account so they probably create a database and sell that as well!! Who knows what they do with our data...

0 Likes
jameszaf06
First Poster
Options

Yeah seems to be a problem with only the 970 EVO Plus, I can't get mine to work and no reply either.

0 Likes
ccvale
Journeyman
Options

Elaborate you have successfully claimed some already? If so there is a limit to 2 per person. If you are a business it could be more, check the conditions on the samsung redemption site. They do reply but they take a while there is a different email for Australia and United states. They sorted mine out as I couldn't claim any. They also emailed me and they also sorted the problem with claiming on their site. It did take a few emails but they did sort it and they did pay me the redemption money into my account. It did take nearly 90 days!! But that's what big companies do!! Keep at it they will get back to you. If not ring them and talk to someone they are pretty good on the phone!! Good Luck

0 Likes