Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INVALID SERIAL NUMBER in Samsung Redemption

(Topic created on: 22-06-2021 03:54 PM)
jbl14
First Poster
Options

I bought a 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Samsung has a cashback promo for SSD's. But when I type the serial number on Samsung Redemption site. It says the Serial number/IMEI is invalid. Does anyone experience the same?

I have emailed promos@samsung.au multiple times already but no luck on reply.

Can anyone confirm that this cashback promo is legit?

0 Likes
60 REPLIES 60
Ian-W
Apprentice
Options

Took me a month from purchase date to claim. First delays in getting a reply then successful claim on one drive but failed the 2nd. Received another email yesterday to say the issue was fixed & to re-submit the claim. Finally it worked, now I wait. Just for those not getting a reply, this is the address I got the mail back from redemption.au@samsung.com might be worth a try if you cannot get onto the promos dept.

0 Likes
rob46554
Student
Options

Same issue here just bought a new 970 plus M.2 500GB and get invalid serial number on promo claim page (read the number directly off device). Ridiculous that they cannot fix their database. Got until 30Nov to get claim in. Emailed the promo email with no response. Wasting so much of mine and everyone else's time. This should be easy.

0 Likes
brent73
First Poster
Options

Me too! 970 Evo+ 1tb invalid code. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have also NO luck with the serial number, purchased an EVO 860 1TB for the promotion. Not sure what was going on until I found this thread. Relieved it's not my end. What's going on Samsung? Your advertising the redemption. HONOUR IT.

0 Likes
AllTheUsualCaveats
First Poster
Options

In the same boat as everyone else, bought a 970 Evo plus last month, tried to do the redemption yesterday, correctly using the 15-digit S/N on the drive itself - 'invalid serial number' - however I sent an email with all the details to promos.au@samsung.com plus pic of the drive w S/N and my tax invoice in pdf format etc; although they haven't replied to me, I decided to try again this arvo- and it worked. So maybe they did something to make mine work, or maybe they've updated a lot of the database, so I'd encourage anyone still trying to give it one more shot tonight before the redemption period expires at 11:59, esp if you're also waiting on contact back from them, maybe it's already fixed. Good luck! (and good luck now to me actually receiving the money, I guess) 

0 Likes
lnkhanh212
First Poster
Options

SAME QUESTION...

0 Likes
Ohnoes
First Poster
Options

I just bought a 870 QVO and tried redeeming my cashback. It would appear Samsung hasn't fixed the serial number issue. The form says my number is invalid. 
Honestly Samsung have you even tried to fix it? this issue has been ongoing since 2020 and here it is now in June 2021 and still not resolved. 
Customer support has been pathetic. I tried online live chat, they weren't able to help me and referred me to call a number that rang and then hung up on me. It also thanks me for my call, which wasn't answered mind you.
Or to email the address which many others here have said they have not received a response from.
Now I am on another phone number trying to get this resolved and still nothing. 
Extremely pathetic. 

0 Likes
arikau
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue, found out that the serial number printed on the box is not the same as the one printed on actual hdd. I used the one printed on the hdd and it worked.

0 Likes
ccvale
Journeyman
Options

I have purchased 2 x 1TB QVO and 4 x 500G EVO and created a login and password for the redemption process.

I even got the invoices emailed to me so I could use them for the claim from the people I purchased the SSD's off. I opened each drive as I noticed on the box it only has a 14 digit serial number and if you look on the serial number on the actual drive it has an extra letter on the serial number to make up the 15 digits required for the redemption. 

I then put all of the information in invoice number company name and the serial numbers 

and guess what The error message is INVALID serial number..

So I email Samsung on promo.au@samsung.com   and no answer I have emailed every day since the problem I have also emailed redemption.au@samsung.com  I have had no reply I have sent a list of the serials and photo's of the error message and also copies of the invoices.. No reply

No happy I am thinking it is a scam. It is also advertised on samsung products on ebay !!

ccvale
Journeyman
Options

https://samsung-redemption.com/au/login

That is the link to create a login and account to make the claim. 

It is different to you samsung user account.

the email addresc mentioned on the site to contact Samsung is promo.au@samsung.com

0 Likes