Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody got multi control working? Book2 to Galaxy Tab S7

(Topic created on: 14-06-2022 10:21 AM)
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

I can't get it working. Turned on in settings on both my Book2 360 and Tab S7, same WiFi network at home, Bluetooth on, Samsung account logged in (I logged out and in again to be sure). The Book2 can see my Tab S7, you get a spinning wheel but it never connects and shows the 2 displays.

Could my mesh network be an issue?

Jamze_0-1655198328409.png

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
20 REPLIES 20
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options
Maybe it doesn't have it? What One UI version is on the Tab S6?

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes
Ehanderson
Pioneer
Options

One UI 4.1.1

Android 12. 

I'm just wondering if anyone else has managed to make it work. I don't currently see the option it the buttons in the navigation bar, so I probably don't have the capability, but I am trying to find out if anyone else does.

Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 i7 512/16
Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra 1TB/16
Galaxy S23 Ultra 512/12
Galaxy Tab S6
Galaxy Note 9
Galaxy A32
Galaxy Gear
And a host of other older units
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Anyone solved this, same issue and do not like the second screen option.

Obsydian_0-1671112123194.png

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

Currently working for me with no issues. These Samsung ecosystem features linking phone, tablet + PC seem a bit hit and miss.

Quick Share was working great for a while, now can't connect again.

Probably due to Windows + Android updates.

Jamze_0-1671118584790.png

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks, I think I got it wrong assuming my ZFOLD4 would work, it does not, the Tab S8 Ultra does work.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Dankanification
Student
Options

One month ago my multicontrol stops working, also 2nd screen has stopped. 

I think it was probably after some windows update, but up to now samsung did nothinh to fix it. 

I've tried everythinh to fix, I uninstalled the second screen app and installed again, 

Both devices are connected on the same wifi network, bluetooth on, etc etc etc.

On my tablet sometimes appears an icon called "Multicontrol: Connecting" but it never connects.

I'm already tired of this mainly because I bought this device to use with multicontrol and 2nd screen functionallity...

Ehanderson
Pioneer
Options

I have not yet been able to get the Multi-Control working and have resigned myself to needing a new device to make that happen. I am not convinced the time is right to purchase a new S8 anything with the S9 likely just on the horizon.

However, with my S6, I have a work around for getting the Second Screen working that might help you.

Drag down from the top of the screen, and use SmartView, click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the application and choose settings, click on About Smart View, then click on Smart View about 8 times, and Second Screen option comes up.

This is just a suggestion and by no means the answer, but it does work for me because, like you, I bought this laptop for the Ecosystem that is supposed to be rivalling the Apple configuration, and while there are bugs, I am willing to suffer the growing pains rather than switch platforms.

Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 i7 512/16
Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra 1TB/16
Galaxy S23 Ultra 512/12
Galaxy Tab S6
Galaxy Note 9
Galaxy A32
Galaxy Gear
And a host of other older units
0 Likes
Cincho
Explorer
Options

I have a similar issue. I have the new Book3 Pro and a S23+. Everything is setup(Samsung account, wlan, bluetooth, etc.) and up to date. The Book3 sees the phone when i activate Multi Control. It tries to connect but does not succed. I have a Tab S8 with the same issue. Dont know what the problem is. 

Bigboixlacroix
First Poster
Options

I am having issues getting multi control to work as well-the option isn't even showing up in the samsung settings app on my book2. I've updated everything but the option still isn't there. Is there any fix?

0 Likes
Cincho
Explorer
Options

I found a solution for my problem. It seems, that you have to take a closer look at your router settings (NOT your tablet or phone). First, you have to be on the same WiFi and also on the same band (2.4 or 5 Ghz). More over, there are specific settings in the routers which block communications between devices in the wireless network (firewall or other specific options that can be turned on or off). So check everything there.

I had to activate that devices within the same network can communicate! Now, it works flawlessly.

0 Likes