Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S Book won't turn on from sleep mode.

(Topic created on: 06-10-2021 10:45 PM)
AdamD93
First Poster
Options
Computers & IT
Hi,

I recently purchased a galaxy book s and am encountering issues. When my laptop goes into sleep mode I am often finding that I cannot wake the laptop up having tried the touchpad, keyboard, external mouse, fingerprint (power) button.

I find the laptop is still on as the status Led is blue incidating that it is still on.

In order for me to resume using the laptop I have to hold the power button down for several seconds to shut it down then reboot. 

Please advise!

Many thanks!! 
4 REPLIES 4
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options
Computers & IT

hi @AdamD93 

backup your files and reset the notebook for fresh start

guides:

Qualcomm model / page 56 - link 

Intel model / page 64 - link 

thanks 😀

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

jof284
First Poster
Options
Computers & IT

I also had this issue, I fixed it disabling the power saving options in the Intel graphics command center

AllenChicago
First Poster
Options
Computers & IT

Thank-you.  I'm having an issue where the Galaxy Book will not go completely to sleep.  The Samsung Logo stays on brightly, whether the cover is open or closed. 

Very dangerous heat build-up when this happens, and battery runs down to empty, if not caught.

Will try your suggestion.  These Samsung devices seem to have too many similar ways of doing things, which causes conflicts.  (ie, Windows-10 Power Saving / Samsung Power Saving / Intel Power Saving...all active simultaneously.)

0 Likes
Arens13
First Poster
Options
Computers & IT

I am having the same issue. Did you manage to solve it?

I would appreciate some help because I'm thinking of returning the laptop. It's quite a big problem for me as I'm constantly going in and out of classes daily.

0 Likes