Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy buds 2 Pro continuously disconnect and reconnect

(Topic created on: 05-04-2023 10:09 PM)
dotdotdot
Pioneer
Options
Does anyone get this and manage to find a fix? My buds keep connecting and disconnecting between my Galaxy S22 Ultra and my Galaxy Book2 Pro. It's like one device keeps stealing the connection from the other, releases it and then does it again repeatedly. For my buds to stay connected to my phone I either have to unpair them from my laptop or turn off the Bluetooth on it. Incredibly annoying, especially how seamless the Samsung ecosystem is supposed to be. If I don't have my laptop on, the buds stay connected to my phone without issue. Hope someone can shed some light on this. As I write this, i've just been prompted to update the Bios on my laptop, but I'm not holding my breath!
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Unfortunately the Galaxy Buds 2 Pro earbuds don't support multipoint connections, meaning they can only be connected to one device at any given time.
0 Likes
dotdotdot
Pioneer
Options
Thanks. I don't think this is the issue. The buds are supposed to be able to seamlessly swap connection from one device to another however this doesn't happen (but used to). Now if my buds are on and my laptop and phone are on. They wint stay connected to either device.
0 Likes
dotdotdot
Pioneer
Options
Plus there's lots of other strange behaviour going on. For example, right now, my GB2 shows my buds as being connected (and not connected to my s22), yet there's no sound output and they don't show as option to select in the output list. When I try to disconnect them from thr bluetooth menu it says 'couldn't be disconnected'. The only way to kill the connection is to put them back in the case. However when I reopen the case they reconnect but thr sound still outputs from the laptop. I literally want to bin them both. It seems like a problem with the laptop
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
For that. I believe you need to be using same account on both devices.
Also check your permissions to make sure all are allowed incase something changed.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Unfortunately I don't have a laptop to replicate your situation. Maybe someone can help you.

Also try searching ' Bluetooth scan history' under phone settings and see if 'sync with Samsung cloud's is ON.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would also recommend to check for any driver updates for the laptop and any app updates for the buds.
0 Likes
dotdotdot
Pioneer
Options
No probs thanks for taking the time to help. Sync is in by the way
0 Likes
dotdotdot
Pioneer
Options
And no updates or driver updates pending
0 Likes
dotdotdot
Pioneer
Options
I'm thinking now it's an issue with the buds. I've just paired my old Galaxy buds to both devices and they behave as they should. Can connect back and forth between phone and laptop with no issues whatsoever
0 Likes