Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Notes PDF Import Fail

(Topic created on: 07-04-2023 12:17 PM)
LewisJD
Apprentice
Options
Hi, trying to import a PDF to Samsung Notes on my Galaxy Book 3 Ultra and it fails every time. Is there a limit to file size? This one is 7.25MB. Other smaller ones work OK.
6 REPLIES 6
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @LewisJD ,

I have had a look at this and can 't find any limitations regarding the PDF size: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00087285/

Would you be able to test with another PDF with the same size to see if the same thing happens?

LewisJD
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Tess.  I just tried with another PDF, this one 11.8MB and tried importing it from the Desktop to Notes and it failed again.  This is on the Galaxy Book 3 Ultra with all settings up to date.

Curiously if I right click the file and choose 'Open With' and select Samsung Notes, it opens in the reader, but will not import. 

I've been using the 'Import PDF' button at the top right of the Notes application.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for the quick response, @LewisJD . How long have you been receiving these error message when you try to import files with this size?

0 Likes
LewisJD
Apprentice
Options
There is no error message. It just doesn't work.

I have only had the laptop since Tuesday (Friday today).
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I know that you probably have tried this already but would you be able to restart the Galaxy Book3 Ultra and try again? If the same thing happens, please report this after the issue appears from the Samsung Notes app> Menu (3 horizontal lines at the top left)> Settings (cog icon)> Contact us> Error reports.

0 Likes
LewisJD
Apprentice
Options

Thanks - are these instructions the same for the PC?  I can't find that menu on the PC version.

0 Likes