Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy book Flex 2 5G - Cellular network option disappeared after working for 2 hours

(Topic created on: 20-03-2021 12:12 AM)
johnnylau34
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

I recently bought a Galaxy Book Flex 2 5G (NP930QCA-KA1HK) in HK and was able to connect to 5G network with local carrier (Smartone) sim card inserted into it for about 1-2 hours while downloading Samsung/Windows updates and webex.

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-10 at 12.36.38.jpeg

Unfortunately, after a few updates / reboots, the cellular options from Windows no longer appear. I have tried to:

- Restore to original state using Samsung recovery

- Re-install Windows through MS media creation tool and install all the Samsung drivers via Samsung update

Unfortunately none of these seem to help.

Anyone face the same issue or have a clue if the 5g modem has "disappeared"?

userk9MCJMFsFi_0-1613128739926.png

Screenshot 2021-02-12 192152 (1).png

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
johnnylau34
Journeyman
Options

Coincidently, I also got called by Samsung CS that my nb is "repaired" and I could pick it up, which I just did. I was similarly told that while the current Windows setup is working fine, a permanent software fix is pending to be released by Samsung afterwards. I am looking for software to do a proper cloning of my current partitions to ensure I can always come back to this state where 5g is working.

Alrashodui
First Poster
Options

Hi there, I faced the same problem with my galaxy book flex 2 after 15 days of using the cellular network! My device from the UK and the CS said our technician would look at the issue when you return to London?! My issue now, I have to buy a ticket to London to fix my laptop issue as I live abroad! 

0 Likes
Alrashodui
First Poster
Options

Dear Mr. Johnnylau,

Could you post the Device Manager screen to see if it is like mine, please?

0 Likes
johnnylau34
Journeyman
Options

I wish I could share, sadly the notebook was unable to boot yesterday morning and it was taken to CS again. Not sure what happened to it.

You may take this shot as a reference when I captured it from a local retailer: under  “network adapters” there should be a “Samsung mobile broadband adapter”

Screenshot 2021-02-25 103640.png

0 Likes
Alrashodui
First Poster
Options

Sad to hear that.

Thanks for the support, this driver is messing with me.

0 Likes