Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung 980 Pro SSD Drive. No Information From Samsung Magician

(Topic created on: 13-02-2021 12:08 PM)
harrysmith0
Apprentice
Options

I have installed two Samsung 980 Pro SSD Drives and they seem to be working OK. However, when I try to get details using Samsung Magician it reports N/A for most items like Drive Health and Temperature. Under both Diagnostic Scan and Performance Optimization  it reports 'The selected drive does not support this feature'. How do you get a report of the Samsung 980 Pro SSD Drives to decide if optimization is possible as recommended by Samsung? Do we just have to wait for updated software? Using version 6.2.1 which says 'optimizes storage management by updating to the latest firmware and software.' But I don not see it doing that.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
harrysmith0
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the suggestion. I am using RAID and my motherboard only permits AHCI on SATA with RAID. But I am using M.2 PCIe anyway so I don’t know why that affects things. Some old comments on other web sites suggest Samsung Magician does not support RAID but it doesn’t say that. The installation guide says it does not support RAID on SATA.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Bradleigh
Voyager
Options
Maybe you need to set ide controller in bios to ahci? check what its set at first then change it, but be careful because going from sata to achi requires a cmd to be used to keep the bootsec intact upon controller being changed Google is your friend for that one 🙏
0 Likes
Solution
harrysmith0
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the suggestion. I am using RAID and my motherboard only permits AHCI on SATA with RAID. But I am using M.2 PCIe anyway so I don’t know why that affects things. Some old comments on other web sites suggest Samsung Magician does not support RAID but it doesn’t say that. The installation guide says it does not support RAID on SATA.

0 Likes