Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset for my Samsung T5

(Topic created on: 10-07-2020 01:21 PM)
AbinPal
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I recently bought my Samsung T5 and had enabled the Password Protection feature. I have some how forgotten my password and hence want to factory reset my T5. Can anyone help me?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Looks like there is a chat about this issue already and it looks like they are having no luck.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/portable-SSD-T5-lost-password/td-p/1069774

0 Likes
AbinPal
First Poster
Options

I just want to format my drive as it a new one and not much data was copied in it.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

plug into your pc. Boot into windows, then right click on the drive and select format

0 Likes
Brittas
First Poster
Options

That does not work. It still keeps the password after a format. It also shows 43Mb as the total size?I have the same problem. Looks like it is £100 down the drain.

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

hi @AbinPal @Brittas 

drop the partner Team Hanaro an email

samsungmemory@hanaro.eu

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/ → Storage

thanks😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Did you use bitlocker to lock the drive with a password?

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

if you used bitlocker or not you could still try the following:

Use windows key plus R and then type diskpart

After that type list disk , a list of all connected disks will pop up numbered from 0 to x at that point write: select disk x  , where x is the number of the locked drive,

after that type: list partition

then: select partition x (x is the one you need to delete)ù

then: delete partition override

0 Likes
Karina_
First Poster
Options

**Before you call: You must provide the date of purchase and price of purchase or they can not help you!

You need to contact Samsung Australia on 1300362603 (Or the country of purchase).

Select phones as the first option, as they have no SSD option.

They will then put you through to a technician.

They may tell you how to format the device, however, this doesn't work to reset the password.

To factory reset, they need to send it off to their technicians.

You will need to provide the Model number (MODEL:) AND Serial Number (S/N); both found on the side of the SSD.

Next, they will ask for Date of purchase and price of purchase. This info. is apparently kept by the store you bought it for 7 years for SSDs and is found by providing your name and number to the store.

For security reasons, Samsung will not help you further without these details.

Good luck! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Muhammed Edriss
First Poster
Options

Hello‏‏لقطة الشاشة (2).png
I have a problem is that I deleted the T5 from my drives and when I re-created it it did not appear in my system and you ask me to install its program or create a password
I previously had a copy of the program and when I tried to install it it showed that there was a problem and I did not recognize the T5 Is it possible to help me solve such a problem

0 Likes