Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRG9 not waking from sleep mode

(Topic created on: 13-09-2020 10:12 AM)
Ne0n
Apprentice
Options

I've had this monitor for 3 weeks, and when windows puts the display to 'sleep' the monitor won't wake it flashes on with 'Display port 2' (which my pc is connected to, and i have to press the power button on the monitor to bring it back, why is this happening?

39 REPLIES 39
AndrewL
Options

@Ne0n: If you go to Setting > Power and Sleep on your PC, do you have a screen saver active? While you're here, check to see if you have any power saving mode options enabled that might be affecting your connection. If the issue persists, have you tried connecting to DPIN1, or connecting via HDMI cable, to see if this helps?

0 Likes
Ne0n
Apprentice
Options

yup, have all of these checked already there are no pwer saving options enabled that would cause the monitor not to wake.. Didn't even know such an option exists!, also tried both DP1 and DP2 - and no, no screensaver.

This seems to not just be an issue with mine

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/ejffmc/crg9_cant_wake_up_after_deep_sleep/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/e3pkhd/issues_with_my_new_crg9/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/cfsdip/samsung_crg_9_screen_wake_issue/

after spending so much money on a monitor it's pretty irritating

Mitch6
First Poster
Options

I have the same issues and have spent at least 10 hours on the phone and the repair guy replaced most parts and still having this issue. I am over it. all i want is my money back and i will send it back but they keep giving me the run around. I likely wont buy another samsung product if they dont make this right

Blakeanator
First Poster
Options

Just got my G9 and it is suffering from the same issue. I'm almost wondering if it's the cable, but I'm doubtful the stock cable they ship with is bad...

DP input shows for a split second then the screen goes black. Nothing works, only way to fix is to manually unplug the DP cable and replug it back in which is a nightmare just to wake from sleep. I went on the latest 1006.2 firmware incase that was the issue, but sadly it did not help.

Very frustrating to spend $1,500 on a monitor that cannot wake from sleep... will probably go back to my LG monitor until Samsung can provide me with some sort of direction or clarity on what the proper fix is.

highlander3
First Poster
Options

Same probelm. I press the mouse or keyboard. It appears as if screen is going to wake up but it is only the backlight goes on and nothing else. Pressing the power button helps. I have updated nvidia Display port firmware in my GTX1070 but no difference. 

How can we collectively contact Samsung for some clarification. Perhpas we need post our experience on youtube, maybe then the problem will be ackowlewedged.

crimsonroninx
First Poster
Options

Same problem for me. I will raise a support request.

0 Likes
jelarv
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem

0 Likes
adidaszh
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Does Samsung have a solution?

grhn
First Poster
Options

The same problem here also.