Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRG9 not waking from sleep mode

(Topic created on: 16-07-2020 03:47 PM)
Ne0n
Apprentice
Options

I've had this monitor for 3 weeks, and when windows puts the display to 'sleep' the monitor won't wake it flashes on with 'Display port 2' (which my pc is connected to, and i have to press the power button on the monitor to bring it back, why is this happening?

39 REPLIES 39
Clay3
First Poster
Options

Same problem on U32R59.  I know it is the monitor because another UHD monitor wakes up everytime.  This one stays asleep 2 out of 10 times.  Different HDMI cable, same problem.  Samsung support walked me through a Reset All, but that did not fix it.

0 Likes
alexiaandrafal
First Poster
Options

Is there anyone from @Samsung? Any @Samsung technical support? Or is this a wrong place for asking a help?

The topic is marked as solved, but it does NOT indeed. There are many other complains about this series of Samsung monitors, here are few samples from google:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Monitors-and-Memory/Odyssey-G9-will-not-wake-up/td-p/1432931

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/g-sync-monitors/7/388412/samsung-odyssey-g7-auto-turn-of...

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1268884-system-freezecrash-on-wake-from-sleep-odyssey-g9-rtx-3090/

Unfortunately I am absolutely disappointed. My PC boot time without this monitor is approx 22s (ubuntu os). With connected Samsung CRG9 I have to wait more than 2 minutes for a very first screen view. When I lock the OS and few second later or hours later try to unlock, the monitor is still in sleep mode, not waking up.

As mentioned before, I was trying different settings, different cables types and brands. Do I have to change my PC also?

My question to @Samsung:

1. This monitor is under warranty.  Can I return this monitor? I think this is a hardware issue, otherwise you would provide users with SW patch.

2. Can you recommend me any HW GPU and DP cable which guarantee the monitor will work as expected? On what HW set this monitor was tested (PC/GPU, OS, cables etc)?

BR

Alexia

0 Likes
youki1
Student
Options

Hello alexiaandrafal,

is there any solution, does a firmware upgrade solve it?

I have the issue with Lenovo t580, HDMI and UHD620, it works on another HP Laptop with Radeon.

The firmware version is m-RG949CCPA-1000.1 and i can see that the following version are available:

-m.RG949CCAA-1007.2

-m.RG949CCPA-1001

Don't want to send the monitor back, so much stress.

0 Likes
fishslapman
First Poster
Options

I had this problem with the G9 for ages, couldn't get it to wake with the PC - tried everything I could think of to diagnose the problem including changing the cables, updating the firmware and playing with the power settings in Windows.

Eventually I tried turning off the "Auto Source Switch" option in the monitor settings and *poof* the problem was solved and the monitor wakes every time now.

Hope this helps some of you, it was driving me crazy!

youki1
Student
Options

Tried it all, nothing helps.

Samsung CRG9 doesn't wake up on start up and sleep mode with UHD 620 and HDMI - Intel Communities

(Don't know, if i should invest more time and install a newer UHD driver again 1 week later, it's tiring).

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend the CRG9 for working.

0 Likes
Ne0n
Apprentice
Options
Who tf marked this as solved? This ***** is still broken. I'm the op, this has 10+k views... So many people have this problem still..... Samsung dont give a sh!t
addrum
Student
Options

I've been having this issue too. Tried upgrading firmware to 1007 without success. Found this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/ejffmc/comment/fcxjgn3/?utm_source=share&utm_m... - which suggested changing the eRP setting in the bios which so far, has fixed the problem.

What's annoying about this, is with the eRP setting set to s4+s5 I can no longer use WOL at the same time - not that I use it all that much but it is frustrating having to change these settings just to get the monitor to wake when the computer starts up (even if it's not a "full wake up").

thedmz
Student
Options

@fishslapman wrote:

I had this problem with the G9 for ages, couldn't get it to wake with the PC - tried everything I could think of to diagnose the problem including changing the cables, updating the firmware and playing with the power settings in Windows.

Eventually I tried turning off the "Auto Source Switch" option in the monitor settings and *poof* the problem was solved and the monitor wakes every time now.

Hope this helps some of you, it was driving me crazy!

This worked for me.  I've tried all other things mentioned here and other places and this actually worked!!!

addrum
Student
Options

I'm sad to report that my findings no longer work for me 😕 I did a bios update and even though the settings are still the same, including in Windows, it no longer wakes the monitor up from sleep. Is Samsung actually going to address this as it's a bit insane for the price of the monitor that it can't do what every other monitor I've ever used can.

0 Likes
Jerald
Explorer
Options

YES!!!  After a year and finally works... I just have to hit the power button now!!!    THANK YOU!  Samsung can't even tell us this!   

Thanks Fishslapman!

0 Likes