Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C34F791 Curved LED monitor audio issues

(Topic created on: 23-03-2019 02:02 PM)
SpaceLego
First Poster
Options

On the C34F791 monitor, connected to a Surface Pro 3/4 (via mini DP) via DP on the monitor, or via HDMI on the monitor - audio is often "lost" even though enabled as the default audio device in Windows.  It seems to happen only after the laptop is left sitting on for awhile.

A power cycle of the monitor is the only thing that brings the audio back.

Very annoying 😞

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @SpaceLego 

Did you manage to find a resolution for this issue or is it still happening?

0 Likes
SpaceLego
First Poster
Options

Still an issue - I have to power cycle it all the time.  Tried with another Surface Pro 3 and 4, still happens.  Tried a new miniDP to HDMI cable and miniDP to DP cable, still happens.

😞

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

It sounds as though an engineer would need to take a look, @SpaceLego. You can find your nearest Service Centre here.

0 Likes
ZipZip
First Poster
Options

I too have this same issue.  Unplugging the monitor temporarily fixes the problem.  Disappointing for a $1000 monitor.

0 Likes
Fred321
First Poster
Options

Did anyone ever found any solution to this? I have had the same issue on my C34J791 for a very long time. Mine is connected to a Windows desktop computer. I found out that's "Scan for hardware changes" in the Device Manager fixes the issue. I.e. the lost audio output for the C34J791 is returned. No need for unplugging or power cycle.
How ever, leaving the computer for a while will lose the audio again... Very frustrating.

0 Likes
SpaceLego
First Poster
Options

This thread has 2310 views as of 01-21-2022, and other users confirming they have the same issue.  What are the chances mine is just defective vs. this is a firmware issue that Samsung needs to correct?  As much fun as it would be to waste everyone's time and money taking it to a service center .... I've got better things to do than be an un-paid beta tester for Samsung products.  If anyone cares to share this with Samsung management, the poor handling of this issue has only resulted in one thing: I don't buy Samsung monitor's anymore.

0 Likes