Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C24F396FHU Menu button broken

(Topic created on: 09-06-2021 10:24 PM)
Lolite
Apprentice
Options

About a year and a half ago i got this samsung curved monitor for my pc. Recently the power button, also used as the menu button has stopped working. I can press to the sides to access the volume and brightness settings and all that, but i cannot turn off the monitor and access the menu screen. In short, pressing down on the button does not work. Please tell me if you have a solution because there are some settings that need changing that i cannot access. I believe this button is also referred to as a JOG button.

36 REPLIES 36
AndrewL
Options

@Lolite: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with the JOG button on your monitor. If you bring up the On Screen Display for the JOG controls, and press and hold the left arrow on the back on the monitor for around 10 seconds, does this help at all (this action activates/deactivates a lock for the display controls)? If you press the Power/Enter button for around 2 seconds, are you able to power the monitor on and off in this manner? 

0 Likes
RichyGilmour
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm having the EXACT same issue.

Thanks,

Mergathal
Apprentice
Options

I've recently developed the same issue for my 32" JG56 WQHD monitor as well. The monitor is working fine and the menu button responds to be able to change volume, brightness, etc. However, when I need to swap inputs to my work laptop and back, its really hard to get this button to work to swap inputs of to turn the monitor off, etc.

Its the only button to control all things on this model of monitor so having this fail is super frustrating.

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Mergathal 

hello

♥ try resetting the monitor (press button → menu → reset)

♥ and reinstalling the driver from this link 

if persists, contact support to arrange repair

your monitor has 24 months warranty from purchase

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Lolite
Apprentice
Options

Sorry for such a late response, but no. pressing the arrows down or trying to power the monitor off and on does not work at all. i've tried installing some drivers that another user sent here but they haven't made a difference

0 Likes
Lolite
Apprentice
Options

I feel like its something wrong with the drivers, but i can't get the right drivers for this model, i don't think. also, this monitor does not show up on the samsung store. it shows CF390, CF398 but no CF396

0 Likes
Mergathal
Apprentice
Options

Resetting the monitor, once I got the menus to respond worked for me. But I shouldn't have to fight with it to do this for sure.

0 Likes
Mergathal
Apprentice
Options

Its not the drivers for the monitor that your computer uses that causes this. This is something with the monitor itself, it gets hung up and the settings need to be reset.

0 Likes
Lolite
Apprentice
Options

how did you get the menu to open?

0 Likes