Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book2 Pro 360 fingerprint sensor issues

(Topic created on: 14-04-2022 03:32 PM)
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

Been on to support today about the fingerprint sensor on my new Book2. Looks like there's a driver or Windows issue at the moment? The sensor just stops working. Twice we removed and reinstalled the driver and it worked for a short time then stopped again.

Hopefully, a fix will sort this out soon. Started happening after a Windows update yesterday for me, not sure if related.

Loving the Book2 otherwise so far.

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
24 REPLIES 24
RayJJ
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here.  Worked initially out of the box.  As always I keep my machines up to date.  Ran all Windows and Samsung updates, now not working.  Fun.

RayJJ
Apprentice
Options

I will say, my GBPro 360 fingerprint scanner working fine.  I just reset the machine to sell, and did all updates, but that still works.

0 Likes
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

Mine's working again so intermittent.

The support folks knew it was an issue, apologised and said they'd be in touch with a fix.

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

What I've found is if you go into device manager and remove it, then run Samsung Update and reinstall it/reboot, it works again for a while.

I've tried turning this power management setting off, to see if that makes a difference.

Update...nope, still fails with the Power Management turned off.

bc310c83-4b34-4cc6-ba57-42315d8307cc.png

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

Had a BIOS update yesterday, so reinstalled the fingerprint sensor driver again and it's stayed working for over 24hrs. So maybe now fixed 🤞🏻

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

Had an email from Samsung support, this driver update is supposed to sort it.

Screenshot 2022-04-14 100126.png

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes
RayJJ
Apprentice
Options

Updating mine now.  Separate issues that annoy me.  Having to be plugged in to install Samsung updates. System should be smart enough to tell if sufficient battery life is left.  Samsung updates are painfully slow!

Jamze
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah I know. I'm on a trip and it needed to be plugged in to update. At least with USB C anything will work. I just plugged it into the hotel USB socket.

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes
knknki
Apprentice
Options

really frustrated such a premium device that drivers are not even proper .... i have updated to 1.0.32 still shows error code 10