Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

49" G95SC OLED Monitor

(Topic created on: 16-06-2024 01:00 PM)
Baalwayne
Apprentice
Options

I have a serious issue with this monitor when gaming with Game Mode/Adaptive Sync on. The screen will suddenly go black. I have to switch off Game Mode/Adaptive Sync in order to see an image. With HDMI, the black screens used to last a few seconds. With DP the screen would not come back on until I entered the Home menu of the monitor and switched off Game Mode.

This happened when I was playing World of Warcraft Hardcore, and my character died!! I have tried different graphics cards and DP cables, but to no avail. I now have to game without the benefit of adaptive sync, one of the main reasons for buying this monitor, and keep my fingers crossed that I don't get screen tearing. I couldn't possibly recommend this monitor and wish I had never bought it.

3 REPLIES 3
ItzTheDay
Explorer
Options

Either Samsung needs speak up, acknowledge this issue and tell us they're working on a cure or, they need to recall this monitor.   

It's really pathetic that the "No.1 OLED Monitor brand in the U.S." and the "No.1 Gaming Monitor brand in the U.S. 2 years in a row" has not addressed these issues. 

Baalwayne
Apprentice
Options

The only 'solution' I have found is to change the refresh rate in Nvidia Control Panel from 240Hz to 120Hz with G-sync Compatible enabled!!  Then I can use Game Mode and Adaptive Sync without the blackouts.  So half the refresh rate I paid for.  Not exactly great, is it?  It seems to me that Samsung's arrogance caused then to rush out this monitor to keep up with/get ahead of competition without doing adequate testing.  An OLED monitor with 240Hz adaptive sync technology.  Only one real issue......it's TOTALLY unreliable!!

Profilers
First Poster
Options

Faulty panel on the monitor.

0 Likes