Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 31-10-2019 01:48 AM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
You’re answer is as good as mine regards to the LG C9 options for arc. I’ve asked this question to LG for lossless audio should it be auto or passthrough it can’t be pcm because at current the c9 can’t do pcm 5.1 or 7.1 but an update is coming. So I have mine on passthrough
0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options
And what about AV sync? Did you enable bypass?
0 Likes
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
Haven’t needed to, as I’ve had no issues with audio sync at all.
0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

I just wonder why bypass gives. Sorry for a little bit off-topic, but guess what... I switched today from Philips 854 to LG C9 :smiling-face: And finally there is no lipsync issue with my Q80R soundbar.

0 Likes
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah LG seems to handshake with Samsung soundbars really well oddly 🤷🏽‍♂️ I wish I had the answer for you, I really do. I just have mine kept on passthrough as it’s a new setting so I just thought it was for eARC. I can not wait for eARC update next month for the soundbars so we can all have lossless audio (for those with eARC tv like us)
0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@zhspence wrote:
Yeah LG seems to handshake with Samsung soundbars really well oddly 🤷🏽‍♂️ I wish I had the answer for you, I really do. I just have mine kept on passthrough as it’s a new setting so I just thought it was for eARC. I can not wait for eARC update next month for the soundbars so we can all have lossless audio (for those with eARC tv like us)

Yes but for lossless audio you'll still need some extrenal source like Xbox or Blu-ray. I mostly watch Netflix so for me eARC is not such a big deal because Netflix streams audio in DD+ anyway. I have no plans for neither Xbox or anything like that.

LG has much more audio settings and, in general, it works better - at least with Q80R.

0 Likes
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
I agree, I have Apple TV 4K and that allows a lot of them and I hoping great things from PS5 when it comes out next year.
0 Likes
MarceloFM
Explorer
Options

Turns out you were right about the eARC not being enabled on the soundbar. Kudos to you, mate!

We should be happy the update is coming next month, not "sometime in the future". There is hope after all.

mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@zhspence wrote:
I agree, I have Apple TV 4K and that allows a lot of them and I hoping great things from PS5 when it comes out next year.

By the way, what's the best place to tech talk about LG C9?

0 Likes