Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 28-10-2019 08:23 AM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
Jono1984
Apprentice
Options

@zhspence wrote:

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

Want to know this too. Have a C9 also and want to some clarification on it

zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

I have requested a refund, I have only had it two weeks. They're telling me that there isn't even a plan for an eARC update. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @zhspence ,

I have had a look into this and it appears that this soundbar HDMI output supports eARC. If your TV supports eARC then you have the option of connecting your external sources to it, sending the lossless audio back via HDMI.

0 Likes
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi,

thank you for your reply, Samsung support has stated that this soundbar is not eARC supported and hasn't received an update for it. I have spoken to multiple Samsung's people all of which state is only has arc. My tv has eARC turned on but the soundbar does not receive lossless audio 

im not sure if the UK has different firmware to the US but all I know is Samsung are adamant this soundbar has no eARC even though nearly all reviews say it is. I even asked them about all the firmware updates it's had, and have all said none of the updates included eARC. 

thanks,

zac

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Always happy to help @zhspence . Are you able to send us a message through this account: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597 with your soundbar full model code and serial number so I can raise this with the relevant department to get the right information about this? 

0 Likes
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
I have sent you a message detailing all of this.

Thank you.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks @zhspence I have now raised this for you and I will be back as soon as I have an answer. Have a nice day!

Mike_krk
Explorer
Options

That would be amazing to know. I have Q80R soundbar and I spent quite some time already searching through the Internet for an answer about eARC support. This is radicolous. In 2019 we can't be sure about the hardware specyfication of a top soundbars on the market. This product was suppose to bring us cinema experience, for God sake!

0 Likes
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
I agree, the whole reason I purchased this soundbar was because near enough everywhere stated eARC support for the Q90R. Even a Samsung sales advisor on the phone told me it was eARC. Only for all Samsung support advisors to tell me it isn’t eARC supported and there was no firmware update for it. What I don’t understand is why all reviews say it has eARC support and some stating that it’s had it since spring. This information is false, and 100% is not eARC supported. 🤷🏽‍♂️
0 Likes