Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unable to register my HW-Q990C Soundbar to my Samsung registered products

(Topic created on: 10-12-2023 10:28 PM)
Kieter
Apprentice
Options

I have been unable to register my new soundbar under the Samsung myproducts webpage. When I try to enter the supplied 14-bit serial number from the soundbar the serial number / IMEI check box does not un-grey to allow checking.

I suspect this is because it is expecting a 15-bit number; however playing around by adding a zero at the front or rear of the serial number, although allowing the check function, leads to the response message 'This serial number or IMEI format is not correct. Please check the 11 or 15-digit format and try again'. Not a surprising result but how do I actually register the 14-bit supplied serial number?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Don Conway
Journeyman
Options

I can confirm your suspicion about the extra digit. I just checked the serial number on the packaging box, which I was using to try to register, against the serial number on the bottom of the actual soundbar, and the number on the soundbar has an extra digit, in my case an extra letter N. After entering this it let me register the serial number & recognised the product. Thank you for the vital clues !! 

Kieter
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Don. I checked the soundbar and found the missing digit, a T in my case, and have now successfully registered my soundbar.

I can't help feeling Samsung could do a lot better here. Both the box and scan code supplied specifically to register the device miss that last digit that is on the actual physical soundbar. I wonder if this is only a problem on soundbars?

Don Conway
Journeyman
Options

Yes, agreed. I spent ages trying to get my PC webcam to scan the barcode on the box, only to get the same result as typing it in, which again had the missing digit. Little niggles like this are really frustrating ! I'm still overall quite pleased with the soundbar though. It's attached to a new Samsung TV and I'm now realising just how much of the sound frequencies are missing, particularly bass, if you just listen with the TV speakers. 

Kieter
Apprentice
Options

I totally agree. My 990-C soundbar is paired with a Samsung S95B TV I bought last year. It was easily set up and the sound upgrade is like comparing SDR TV with HDR TV - truly immersively outstanding. 

espman
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue with my soundbar. Thank you to all those who replied on this topic.

I guess it makes sense as the serial number on the package is visible to everyone, and you don't want anyone else to register your soundbar in their account.

0 Likes
Kieter
Apprentice
Options

A very good point espman, but a shame it doesn't say anywhere in the documentation that you need the extra character off the actual physical soundbar, well not that I could see anyway 😊

0 Likes