Did you mean: 

Samsung HW-Q995C Subwoofer problem

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
henrikdk5
First Poster
Options

Subject: Dolby Atmos issue with Samsung HW-Q995C soundbar

Dear Samsung Dev Team,

I am writing to you today to report an issue I am experiencing with my Samsung HW-Q995C soundbar. I have had the soundbar for a few months now and have been very happy with the sound quality. However, I recently started using Dolby Atmos and have noticed that the bass becomes overwhelmingly deep to the point of being uncomfortable.

I have tried troubleshooting the issue myself by adjusting the subwoofer level, crossover frequency, and phase setting. I have also updated the soundbar's firmware to the latest version (1004). However, none of these steps have resolved the problem.

I then contacted Samsung support and they sent the soundbar in for repair. However, after testing the soundbar against two other identical units, they informed me that the soundbar is working as intended and that there is no issue.

I am skeptical of this response, as I am clearly experiencing a problem that is not present on other units. I believe that the issue may be software related, as the problem only occurs when using Dolby Atmos.

I am therefore reaching out to you directly in the hope that you can investigate this issue further. I am a big fan of Samsung products and I would be very disappointed if I am unable to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely, [HENRIK ]

Additional notes:

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you tried lower the woofer via Smartthings or using the soundbar remote?

Appreciate it is only Dolby Atmos.
What volume level are you listening at?
Where is the sub positioned, shouldn't make a difference 🤔

1713718858491_1713718858478_0.jpg
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
henrikdk5
First Poster
Options

I performed the subwoofer crawl, and the optimal position is on the right side.

When I use Atmos, I listen at volume 12.

I also lowered the woofer level and tried setting it to 12, But when I try to watch  Exsmpel 'What Jennifer Did' on Netflix with Dolby Atmos,

specifically from 12:00 to 16:00 minutes, the bass is extremely loud on the low bass,l no matter what I do."

you can try it out form you self. 

But Perhaps it's just the acoustics of my room.

i also use Smartthings, but i do have a (philip 808 Oled tv). because i dont se the AUTO EQ on my app

0 Likes
henrikdk5
First Poster
Options

MINUS 12 ofc:)

0 Likes