Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soundbar HW-Q990C and latest firmware 1004.

(Topic created on: 19-01-2024 06:57 AM)
johnGR
Pioneer
Options

The latest firmware update 1004 for the soundbar Q990C is available since Nov.2023 for download and update with usb.

It is now Jan 2024 and the SmartThings app says there is no new update for the bar and is stuck on 1003.6.

Why is that?

Do we have to update only with usb stick?

Anyone knows? 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Jakee__
Journeyman
Options

I was wondering this aswell. Really weird!?

0 Likes
johnGR
Pioneer
Options

Have you updated the soundbar already by usb or you are wating, as I do, for SmartThings to "find" the 1004 update?

0 Likes
Jakee__
Journeyman
Options

Got mine yesterday and 1004 was pre-installed.

0 Likes
JB607
First Poster
Options
I brought my Q990C and received Jan 24. Sart things won't update either. When I turn off tv and turn it back on after a few hours it jumps from tv speakers to ark to hdmi then goes into S Mode. Samsung has exhausted every fix. It's connected to a Samsung OLED QE55S95CATXXU which is also brand new and perfect match. Samsung tech told me as a last resort the new firmware version is 1215.42? They sent me the link by sms but as I don't have a laptop I can't get to it. Anyone else have this sound issue jumping all over the place?
0 Likes
johnGR
Pioneer
Options

hi,

you 've got something wrong, 1215,42 is not the version of the firmware, is the size of the file in MB. The latest version is 1004 and cannot be done by SmartThings. I do't have an issue with the soundbar, that is why I haven't decided yet to update by usb, hopping Samsung will fix the SmartTnings app and be possible to update OTA. So, i still keep the previous version 1003.6 

JB607
First Poster
Options
Not sure if the 1215.42 was the size of zip file. I remember the file saying it was over 1.1Gb the files are SAT-iMX8M23WWC. The other is SAT- MT8532D23WWC
0 Likes
johnGR
Pioneer
Options
0 Likes
JB607
First Poster
Options
Thank you JohnGR
0 Likes
jtnn60
Journeyman
Options

I got the Q990C recently and noticed that the SmartThings app mentioned a new firmware version was available.  As others have found, the SmartThings app will not automatically install the update.

So I downloaded firmware and installed via USB.  Samsung provide a simple guide to the process on their download page here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/HW-Q990C/XU/#downloads