Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Bar HW-N400 Firmware problem

(Topic created on: 23-07-2020 11:40 AM)
Bluey
First Poster
Options

HW-N400. Yesterday 22/7/20 I endeavoured to download Firmware for my Sound Bar. On Samsung chat line I was directed to www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082755/ which would resolve my problem. I followed the instructions but to no avail. The ROM file could not be opened, unzipped...yes but Adobe Acrobat Reader could not open the ROM file.I've tried other software for ROM files. no luck. 

Has any one had this difficulty and possibly solved it?? if so please tell me where I am going wrong. Regards Bluey

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Bluey 

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this?

0 Likes
Will_F_B
First Poster
Options

Hi Bluey

Any luck with this problem? I have exactly the same issue - I can't believe that Samsung don't seem to have a fix for this yet!

0 Likes
shikisanyo
First Poster
Options

look, its a Rom file or some call it a image file, you are not suppose to open or extrakt the Rom file. The  Rom file is the firmware and it is in a compressed Folder. just unzip it. put the firmware/Rom file on a usb on the root directory of your USB /flash drive and plug it into the soundbars usb port, do not place them in a folder. than just go on with point 5

0 Likes
Robert Neser
First Poster
Options

I'm suffering with the exact same problem.

Updating via USB just shows 'NoData' on the display. I know the 'Fat' filesystem and I've updated countless other devices. 
Now that I've updated the firmware on my TV, my e-Arc is no longer working.  @ChrisM: Any idea's?

0 Likes
Robert Neser
First Poster
Options

Update: 

I was able to update my TV (UA49RU7100K) to a version not present on 'SmartThings'. 

SmartThings pushed me to 1401 - I downloaded 1409 from support website.

I went from 1401 to 1409 and my ARC issue seems to be resolved. Still cannot flash the HW-N400 firmware.

0 Likes