Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV Plus turns itself on!

(Topic created on: 18-12-2022 02:15 AM)
itsjoerack
First Poster
Options

Hi guys,

I have a brand new Samsung SPLSP3BLAXXU The Freestyle projector - I love it, but there is a really weird issue with it. It automatically loads up Samsung TV Plus, sometimes at random intervals - usually when the device isn't being used or when another app isn't open. If the device is left inactive and on the home screen for longer than a minute, it automatically opens Samsung TV Plus.

I've tried changing the remote control batteries and I've tried cleaning the remote and gently moving the Samsung TV Plus button around in case it's anything to do with that - but no difference, and I don't think it can be that because it opens on its own when the remote is static on a flat surface.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks, Joe

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@itsjoerack: I'm not too sure what could be causing this issue to occur. If you head to Home > Menu > Settings > All Settings > General & Privacy > Start Screen Options > Autorun Last App, and disable this feature (if applicable), does this help? If not, can you confirm if the projector is entering Ambient Mode prior to switching to Samsung TV Plus? 

0 Likes
Bryan26
First Poster
Options

Not helpful at all, same issue happens to me on my AU8000 43 inch smart tv, I’m able to replicate this issue as it occurs every single time. yes I have auto run disabled, it’s as the original poster said that after a few moments of inactivity it’ll auto run whatever app was last open which is incredibly annoying especially when I’m already forced to put up with many more inconveniences all due to Samsungs greed, I don’t understand how the concept of forcing ads down the throat of the consumer after they purchased your product is acceptable and I definitely will never be buying another one of your Samsung products and will strongly advise everyone I know to steer clear of such trash products that try to tell you how to run your OWN tv. You don’t see other companies forcing ads to be front and center of what’s supposed to be Home Screen especially of a “smart” tv. clearly the software designers of the tv ironically don’t know the definition of smart.

0 Likes