Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung soundbar volume automatically goes down to zero

(Topic created on: 26-12-2019 02:45 AM)
Ek70
First Poster
Options

Just bought a Samsung soundbar hw-q60r about a week ago and connected to. Samsung OLED tv. After a week whenjj b I turn on the soundbar volume starts at zero and increases when I push up but when I release it automatically goes down to zero. We tried the soundbar remote, tv remote all behave the same way. 

0 Likes
Go to solution
24 REPLIES 24
Mortanon
Apprentice
Options

@Jacob-C  Thanks, glad I was able to help. 
Cheers

0 Likes
EngineerMT
First Poster
Options

Approximately 10 years ago, i bought Samsung soundbar hw-h450, and i had same issue which i didnt fix it, until i see this simple solution of yours. Thanks i appreciate you @Mortanon 🙌🏻

0 Likes
KenTN
Apprentice
Options

The problem is with the Apple TV and specifically it’s remote. You can skip resetting the soundbar.  The issue is fairly well documented and a quick google search will yield many results. 

0 Likes
justhrishi
First Poster
Options

I have the HW a550/xl soundbar and this also has the same issue of volume going down to 0. 

I don't have an apple TV and have reset every device connected. i.e my Samsung TV, Satelite Box and Chromecast just to eliminate all possibilites. 

The issue occours even when no device is connected to the soundbar. And its strangely stuck on Shop 6 mode. Displays (SH06 when it turns on). I tried all community and Youtube hacks right from updating firmware, to resetting soundbar, to cleaning the remote.  Nothing seemed to work. 

Solution: This is how I finally fixed it.

I figured, that everything only works as usually when the physical "-" button on soundbar is pressed and held in place. So I just found a small coin, pressed it agaisnt the "-" button and taped it firmly to the soundbar so it stays pressed. Now everything works as usual. Hope this works for you guys. 

FYI: My soundbar is out of warranty and I live in the countryside so I cant be bothered to get samsug to comeout and have a look at it.

0 Likes
Mortanon
Apprentice
Options

Huh, we're here on the Samsung forum and we're talking about issues with the Samsung soundbar, not the Apple TV remote.
Do you immediately think of the Apple TV remote when your oven doesn't work and do you search the internet for "well-documented" issues with it? Total nonsense.

0 Likes