Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung soundbar volume automatically goes down to zero

(Topic created on: 31-10-2021 09:27 AM)
Ek70
First Poster
Options

Just bought a Samsung soundbar hw-q60r about a week ago and connected to. Samsung OLED tv. After a week whenjj b I turn on the soundbar volume starts at zero and increases when I push up but when I release it automatically goes down to zero. We tried the soundbar remote, tv remote all behave the same way. 

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Nachog35  ,

I can see that you've got a US model TV.  With Samsung support being localised and this being a European forum (the English language part is supported by the Samsung UK & Ireland team, for example), we're limited in what we can do for you in terms of direct support.

Have you been in touch with Samsung US about this issue, or shared it on the Samsung US Community (https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/ct-p/get-help-tvs)  to see if others in the US are reporting the same?

0 Likes
Peter169
First Poster
Options

Its October 2021 and I too an experiencing the same issue, firstly an automatically increasing volume then following advice to power off/on and holding down the +/- concurrently I now have an automatically decreasing volume.  It unbelievable to me that this issue has not been resolved or the product removed from sale. I am not keen on opening the back and disconnecting the ribbon cable as my quite reasonable expectation is that a product that is six months old should not fail in this way.  Can Samsung please contact me and advise how to get this product replaced, thank you

0 Likes
AGN1
First Poster
Options

Hi , I have a HW - MS550 and been working fine since Jan 2020, however now developed fault no sound through TV (connected via Optical) , the sound goes automatically back to zero. Have unplugged everything and still no joy. The sound bar still works / interacts with phone and sound level can be adjusted with no problems , but TV , no sound at all. Also get a NOT displayed on soundbar?
Any answers please, not impressed with it failing less than 2 years old.....

0 Likes
Brian 1
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue...started today.   

0 Likes
Nicko
First Poster
Options

I have just started having this issue with my q90r of where I can turn the sound up but then automatically turns itself down to 0 how do I fix this 

0 Likes
1a1rAron
First Poster
Options

0 Likes
1a1rAron
First Poster
Options

Hey Peter, I was experiencing the same problem a few weeks ago. I contacted Samsung and they organised an engineer visit to repair the soundbar - the whole circuit board inside was replaced after two visits from the engineer. This fixed the problem, but this morning upon turning my television on the volume problem started again. The volume refuses to turn up and keeps resetting back to zero. My television is also connected via optical cable as a few posters have commented. This must be some sort of software issue rather than firmware! I have seen people commenting also to remove the ribbon connecting the hard keys but I'm unsure whether this constitutes voiding the warranty. I have owned the soundbar for less than 6 months also - pretty unbelievable that this can't be resolved either by way of update or complete internal hardware replacement. I'm honestly considering just chucking it away, very dissapointing. Soundbar model Samsung HW-T550

0 Likes
Solution
Mortanon
Apprentice
Options

Hey I just want to share my solution to this problem. 

I had a similar problem: the volume of my HW Q950T automatically dropped to zero after switching on, which makes the soundbar unusable. First I did a hard reset of the soundbar (hold down "+" and "-" at the same time for 5 seconds) - no effect and the problem still persisted. Out of sheer desperation, I decided to reset all devices in my entertainment system that are directly or indirectly connected to the soundbar and use it to the factory settings:

• Cable box - no effect
  • XBox - no effect
  • Apple TV 4K (2021) - voila, the soundbar problem has been fixed.

So, the culprit in my case was the Apple TV 4K and a factory reset of the soundbar and the Apple TV 4K fixed the problem with my soundbar.

Cheers

C_rissa
First Poster
Options

Mine is also. How did you fix it? 

0 Likes
Jacob-C
First Poster
Options

@Mortanon This fixed my issue, and this is the only place I found this solution! Thank you so much!!! As soon as I read your issue had to do with the Apple TV 4K, I had a feeling this might be worth a last shot before calling tech support. This saved me the huge headache of potential back and forths with them. You are the best!

0 Likes