Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG SOUNDBAR MAKING DISTORTED SOUND IN THE MIDDLE SPEAKER

(Topic created on: 09-01-2024 11:26 AM)
Ruhamah
Journeyman
Options
I just bought this Samsung soundbar bar HW-Q800A but the center speaker keep making distorted or cracking sound. I have tried every fix I read online, nothing seems to work. When I put the soundbar on standard mode, it work flawless but any other mode makes me wanna pell of my skin. 
Please I would appreciate any help in solving this problem.

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
AndrewL
Options

@Ruhamah: What device do you have the soundbar connected to, and is the issue occurring when viewing/listening to all content? If you press the Sound Control button on your remote until 'Centre Level' and 'Front Top Level' are displayed, then adjust the volume using the up/down buttons, does this help at all? For further guidance, please refer to page 10 of the user manual by following the link below. 

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202105/20210511044636001/AH81-13928X-00_FM_HW-Q800A_XU...

0 Likes
Ruhamah
Journeyman
Options
I connected the device to my Samsung Q70A.... Nothing seems to be working at the moment. It works on standard mode flawlessly but doesn't work with other sound mode. I have reset, reduce and adjust equaliser, change the HDMI cable, connect via optical cable still cracks and distort... I am tired 😩
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Ruhamah: Standard mode will be the optimal choice unless you have rear speakers connected (for Surround mode) or you're gaming (Game Pro mode). Adaptive Sound mode automatically adjusts the sound field based on the characteristics of the content, so this might be worth checking out if you haven't done so already. Otherwise, based on the above, I recommend sticking with Standard mode if you're watching programmes/movies. 

0 Likes
Munkeebutt67
Pioneer
Options

Connect to your TV by Bluetooth, then try the eArc again. My q600b was ok after this. Also look for updates. I would try to leave it in standard mode as source content is usually better than DSP modes.

Ruhamah
Journeyman
Options
Thank you so much.
I have left it on standard mode. I'm not just too happy I am unable to utilise the q-symphony. But it's better than nothing.
0 Likes
Munkeebutt67
Pioneer
Options

Q symphony is not much different to hdmi. I use Bluetooth for general daily use, but for movies on Disney or Blu-ray I'll put it on eArc connection. The optional rear speakers really make a difference, as mine is 3.1.2, but you already have 5.1.2 from front. Hope any updates may help you for the other settings 🙃

Ruhamah
Journeyman
Options
Thank you
Filip23
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue with my q800c surround mode , game mode and adaptive all sound glitchy crackly and muffled only standard mode works fine… this is not acceptable 

0 Likes
Ruhamah
Journeyman
Options
Someone who understand sound better than I do came and shuffle some settings and everything disappeared... It's working well now 😄