Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with audio coming from apps on the TV when soundbar is plugged in

(Topic created on: 03-09-2023 11:02 AM)
Venus_K_B
Student
Options
Hello there

This is my first time on the forum here, hopefully I can get some help.

I have a 2019 65" 4K Q80 series TV that is wallmounted. This is plugged into a Bose Soundbar 500 via HDMI-ARC.

For the past 4 years, I've had no issues with sound coming from the soundbar when using any service, whether that be devices plugged in via HDMI, like a Sky Box or PS5, or applications on the TV itself like Netflix or YouTube.

However, the past few days, when the soundbar is connected, there is no sound coming from out when using any service. The TV recognises that the soundbar is plugged in, it knows what device is plugged in, but no audio is playing through when trying to watch something. I've tried resetting the connection between the soundbar and TV, I've reset the TV to factory and deleted the apps from the TV. 

There was a brief solution if I switch to HDMI-eARC. When this has been turned on, sound would start to play when using HDMI connected devices, however the issue persists when using applications that are installed on the TV like Netflix or YouTube.

Does anyone have a solution to this?
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
MorgFlame
Pioneer
Options
Make sure your soundbar and TV are both updated to the latest firmware. You can check for updates on your TV by going to Settings > Support > Software Update. You can check for updates on your soundbar by using the Bose Music app on your phone or tablet.Make sure your soundbar and TV are both set to use HDMI-ARC or HDMI-eARC. You can check this on your TV by going to Settings > Sound > Sound Output and selecting HDMI-ARC or HDMI-eARC. You can check this on your soundbar by pressing the TV icon on the remote until the light bar glows white.Make sure your HDMI cable is securely connected to the ARC or eARC port on both devices. The ARC or eARC port is usually labeled with ARC or eARC next to it. If possible, try using a different HDMI cable to rule out any cable issues.Try changing the audio format on your TV and soundbar. Some audio formats may not be compatible with your devices or may cause audio issues. You can change the audio format on your TV by going to Settings > Sound > Expert Settings and selecting PCM, Dolby Digital, or Dolby Digital Plus. You can change the audio format on your soundbar by pressing and holding the TV icon on the remote until the light bar flashes green, then pressing the Skip Forward or Skip Backward button to cycle through the options.Try resetting your soundbar and TV. To reset your soundbar, unplug it from the power outlet for 30 seconds, then plug it back in. To reset your TV, unplug it from the power outlet for 5 minutes, then plug it back in.

I hope these steps help you fix your soundbar issue. If you still have no sound or poor sound quality, you may need to contact Samsung or Bose customer support for further assistance.

0 Likes
St3chn0
Explorer
Options
Seems as an issue with dolby digital switch to PCM within expert settings and should work.
Venus_K_B
Student
Options
Thank you, this fixed it
Luke2-3
Student
Options

This worked for me too! thanks.
The frame 2023 with HDMI-ARC soundbar. 

Netflix sound would cut uit halfway through the duu-duuuun startup-sound.