Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q990c rear speakers volume

(Topic created on: 19-09-2023 11:36 AM)
Members_yIOeaEb
Student
Options

Hi everyone,

I come by this question a lot on the internet, so I know this is an issue that lots of users have.

A solution cannot be found however. 

The problem that I have is with the rear speakers of the q990c soundbar. I have positioned them about 1.5 meters behind the couch. I absolutely love the sound of the bar in front. However, the volume of the rear speakers just isn't enough.

I know all about these speakers just operating when Atmos content is played and they're intended for supporting the main sound. I also have figured out how to crank up the volume to +6 in the SmartThings app.

But, it just isn't enough. 

The capacity of the speakers must be much higher then what they are projecting now.

Maybe this community knows a way to get the volume higher? I really hope so, as to be honest, I am somewhat disappointed about this expensive piece of electronics that I was so anxious to get.

Thanks so much for any solutions!

Setup:

The Frame 55" 2022 / HW q990c

HDMI eArc Connection

SmartThings app: adaptive sound+/ SpaceFit

Volume soundbar: -5

Volume rear speakers: +6

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
WakTT
First Poster
Options

Did you see my response if you happen to be using a Firestick make the audio output settings to auto as it made the worlds of difference . If I selected a type then the rears dropped volume , with letting the FS choose I have great sound and volume level from the rears 

0 Likes
MitchellFN
Apprentice
Options

Yes, but it does not apply to my situation. Besides, this is a problem with the soundbar, regardless what input is used. I play sound through Wi-Fi (Alexa) no cable connected, so it is just the soundbar, cannot blame any other device, and try to adjust the volume balance between front and rear and cannot get the rear volume high enough. Maybe my soundbar is defective (?) and I need to contact Samsung support, because when select the rear (with the soundbar remote) and push the button to raise the volume, I hear the front volume going up instead of the rear.

0 Likes