Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Q-Symphony activated but not working properly (TV speakers almost mute)

(Topic created on: 23-03-2024 06:37 PM)
AnotherThing
Explorer
Options

Hey! I've just bought that marketing trick with Q-Symphony as I expected my Q80C and HW-Q600B to work together delivering a surround sound. Technically everything connects perfectly, no issues. However when i switch from TV speaker to the combo of speakers + soundbar, TV speakers volume is decreased to maybe 0.05% of the output. I had to put soundbar 1.5m away and try to lean with my ear to the TV speaker to hear that there's very very tiny sound playing, like in a small headphone. I was trying all possible combination with all modes, different apps, however the scenario was always the same: Q-Symphony just doesn't perform as it should. 99,5% of the sound goes to soundbar. I updated the firmware to latest available version. It didn't help. 

I know it's not a hardware issue, since the devices connect perfectly and the option can be selected. It's just that i can't figure out how to change settings for Q-Symphony to make TV speakers as loud as they would complement the sound. Cause right now they're just doing nothing... 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
It doesn't use all the speakers for Q-Symphony anyway so for example it never uses the down firing. Being a 2.2 the subs will get some usage but down firing won't. In sure this TV is 2.2. Plus Q600B is an older version of Q-Symphony so sounds like it is working just not at the level you expected.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
It doesn't use all the speakers for Q-Symphony anyway so for example it never uses the down firing. Being a 2.2 the subs will get some usage but down firing won't. In sure this TV is 2.2. Plus Q600B is an older version of Q-Symphony so sounds like it is working just not at the level you expected.
AnotherThing
Explorer
Options

Okay, so it's not that something is wrong with my settings or setup.. it's just that Q-Symphony actually won't work as it should with my combination 😞 I guess there's no point to open a support ticket with Samsung? I'm sure it's purely a software issue then. So they could fix it with some update.

Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Yes and no, they could but its more they stagger the range.
AnotherThing
Explorer
Options

I discovered some interesting thing when i was keeping testing the settings. When i set digital output audio format to PCM, it makes soundbar less loud this emphasizing a bit tv speakers. However, for some reason when watching dolby atmos demos (which probably are fake dolby atmos but whatever) on youtube, the surround effects are much worse compared to "Auto" or "Pass-through". With Auto or Pass Through the sound is much more immersive, however this is the mode where Q-Symphony is negligible. 

But the main thing is that Q-Symphony is really more for 6-speaker hi-end TVs in their line. And although Q80C has a native support, the software implementation for this model is too weak because of 2.2 speaker configuration (like you noticed absolutely right).

So if anyone has the same issue and reading this topic, try setting the PCM format and see if it at least helps a bit. But like i said - for some reason the soundbar starts playing too weak and surround effects become more flat.

Munkeebutt67
Explorer
Options

i tried q symphony with q600 and au 8000 TV, but it puts bar into adaptive and loses centre channel. Atmos is also disabled by it so can't see the point. Leave bar in standard, and put any Atmos sources directly into the input on the bar. The sound is fantastic for Blu-ray and Xbox. Apps sound best in standard as well. Other DSPs are quirks. It works great for music as well but Bluetooth is louder as a source.

0 Likes