Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Q930b soundbar issues

(Topic created on: 04-11-2022 11:21 AM)
mikemac
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I'm having a random issue with my q930b soundbar. I've only had it a couple of weeks. The issue is randomly it will lose all functionality - remote doesn't work, nothing on the display, and I have to remove the power plug for 10 seconds and reinsert to get it working again.

I'm using the HDMI port in the soundbar connected to a HDMI switch, (running an Amazon cube, TiVo and BD), and the TV/arc port is connected to my TV port. When it's working it's really good but this issue is very annoying. Is there anything I can try to fix this please?

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@mikemac: To troubleshoot the issue, please can you try connecting the soundbar directly to the TV, as this will help to determine if the problem is stemming from your current setup via the HDMI switch. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
mikemac
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew, thanks for the reply. I have already tried this test, I had the devices in the TV HDMI ports rather than the switch, utilising the Arc port, and I was getting the same issues. 

It seems to only be an issue when the soundbar has been off for a while, overnight for example, but doesn't do it every time, but when it does the only way to restore power is to unplug it, and replug it in.  It's like it's going into a deep sleep mode or something, which it can't recover from.

0 Likes
SheppaD
First Poster
Options
Hey! I'm also having this exact issue. It's been happening for a few months now and I've tried everything
0 Likes
Solution
mikemac
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately I had to send it back for repair, they are replacing the HDMI board by the sound of it 

0 Likes
riffz
First Poster
Options
I am having the exact problem. I can't replicate the issue. Eveything stops working. Even if I change to bluetooth, it connects to my phone, but no audio while playing. Have to unplug and plug it back in. I am returning it this Wednesday. Really sad to see it go.
0 Likes
Poe1974
First Poster
Options

How has it been since, Mike ?

0 Likes
mikemac
Apprentice
Options

It's since been back from repair and seems to be fixed. No more random drop outs. They replaced the HDMI board in the end.