Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q70 soundbar dialog audio extremely low when not in standard mode

(Topic created on: 16-12-2020 12:37 PM)
Daswehn
First Poster
Options

Dialog is extremely low when changing sound mode on q70 from standard. Background sound is fine, you can not however hear characters talking. I have checked to make sure the device is outputting dolby digital and is running over hdmi. I also have the wireless rear speakers with this system as well. 

7 REPLIES 7
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Daswehn! Are you still having issues with this? If so, does it happen on every channel or show? Have you tried resettign the TV and see if it helps? Unplug your TV from the wall socket > Wait 30 seconds, then plug your TV back in > Using your remote, turn your TV on.

OlofR
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue. Samsung HW-Q86R (probably the same model as US HW-Q80R). Connected my apple tv 4k to the soundbar and then to my tv. Standard mode works fine, but all the other sound modes almost mutes the dialogue. Anyone who knows a solution to this problem? Any suggestions?

Lview770
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue. No dialogue in the 5.1 sound setting, only background sound like the music track can be heard.  I have the Q70 model in the US.

OlofR
Apprentice
Options

I have changed hdmi cables but no solution yet. Today I have a Sony tv. Soon I will try with a new Samsung tv and see if that solves the problem. 

0 Likes
OlofR
Apprentice
Options

I have now tried with my new Samsung tv, but no change. Tried using Netflix on the TV. 

0 Likes
John M
First Poster
Options

I had this issue too but when I added the rear speaker kit 8500 it sorted it out.

0 Likes
Ersel
First Poster
Options

I've been having the same problem for a long time. I did everything that could be done. I bouhgt rear speaker kit,  I have tried reset tv and soundbar. I'm constantly checking for new software updates. Even though I have a cinema system of a very good brand at my home, I watch movies with a small portable Bluetooth speaker. Because the voices sound better.

Tv model - 55ks-8500

Sound bar - hw-q70r 

0 Likes