31-10-2019 06:40 PM in
is it possible to cast music from a windows pc to the soundbar?
i can cast to the bar using the samsung multiroom app on my S7 android phone but dont seem to beable to send music to the bar when using the windows version of the samsung multiroom app version 1.5.0 on my windows 10 pc. I can see the soundbar in the app and can also adjust the baseandrear speaker volume using the app so inow that it is communicating with the bar but even after adding muy music liubrary into the multiroom app it dooesnt output to my bar when i press either play or long press and select play track. hasanyone go t thisworking?
01-11-2019 07:45 PM in
Hey @Romster ,
I have found something that may help in the Multiroom app manual. Take a look from page 45: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201612/20161202152939100/Multiroom_App_Guide_Mobile_XU_...
Ive resolved it now. Samsung support to be blunt and were useless didnt have a clue they tried to pass me around different teams but I resolved it myself and I gave the person the steps required in order to get this to work and suggested that they either create a support article or FAQ to help other customers but heard nothing back. So for anyone who has this soundbar and wants to cast music to it using Windows 10 you will need to do the following:
1. Make sure your bar and pc are connected to the same network
2. Into devices on your windows pc/add a device windows look for network connected devices. This should find your soundbar so you will now be able to add it.
3. Once its added you can right-click on any music file that you want to play, you will see an option to cast select it and your soundbar should be listed.
4. Once you do that, the bar displays a message saying press +. After you press the + button (which is on the side of the bar) it will be paired and authenticated with your pc.
5. You will then be able to cast music t it without having to go through the previous step of pressing the + button.
Samsung do have a windows app for the bar but it doesn't seem to support the casting option unlike their android app which does. the windows app will let you connect your bar to your network and also adjust the base and rear speaker volume if you have the rear speaker kit.
08-11-2019 04:15 PM in
08-11-2019 05:23 PM in
i believe theWindows app was developed by Samsung as the download link from recollection. was from the Samsung website so I dont know how I could contact the app's dev. There is no Windows app on the official Windows app store itself.
08-11-2019 05:42 PM in
08-11-2019 05:52 PM in
Thanks! I didn't realise that you were talking about our app, my bad! You can download this from this link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/WAM7500/XU/ Scroll down until you see Wireless Audio - Multiroom for Desktop ver 2.0.28 (MULTI LANGUAGE): Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32bit, 64bit) and tap on it.
08-11-2019 06:03 PM in