Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ms 650sound plus and casting from windows

(Topic created on: 08-11-2019 03:39 PM)
Romster
Explorer
Options

is it possible to cast music from  a windows  pc to the soundbar?

i can cast to the bar using the  samsung multiroom app on my S7 android phone but  dont seem to beable to   send music to the bar   when using the windows version of the  samsung multiroom app  version 1.5.0 on my windows 10 pc. I can  see the soundbar in the  app and can also adjust the baseandrear  speaker volume using the app  so inow that it is communicating with the bar but even after adding muy  music liubrary into the   multiroom  app it dooesnt output to my bar when i  press either play  or long  press and select play track. hasanyone go t thisworking?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Romster ,

I have found something that may help in the Multiroom app manual. Take a look from page 45: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201612/20161202152939100/Multiroom_App_Guide_Mobile_XU_...

Romster
Explorer
Options

Ive resolved it now. Samsung support to be blunt and were useless didnt have a clue they tried to pass me around different teams but I resolved it myself and I gave the person the steps required in order to get this to work and suggested that they either create a support article or FAQ to help other customers but heard nothing back. So for anyone who has this soundbar and wants to cast music to it using Windows 10 you will need to do the following:

1. Make sure your bar and pc are connected to the same network
2. Into devices on your windows pc/add a device windows look for network connected devices. This should find your soundbar so you will now be able to add it.
3. Once its added you can right-click on any music file that you want to play, you will see an option to cast select it and your soundbar should be listed.
4. Once you do that, the bar displays a message saying press +. After you press the + button (which is on the side of the bar) it will be paired and authenticated with your pc.
5. You will then be able to cast music t it without having to go through the previous step of pressing the + button.

Samsung do have a windows app for the bar but it doesn't seem to support the casting option unlike their android app which does. the windows app will let you connect your bar to your network and also adjust the base and rear speaker volume if you have the rear speaker kit.

0 Likes
Romster
Explorer
Options
Hhi TessM I'd already read that pdf and as ive mentioned the android app works very well with the bar but the windows app looks like its still in Beta and doesnt function as well as the android app does.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for clarifying that @Romster , glad to hear that the Android app works well. Have you contacted the Windows app developer to see when they will release a new version? 

0 Likes
Romster
Explorer
Options

i  believe theWindows app was developed by Samsung as the download link from recollection. was from the Samsung website so I dont  know how I could contact the app's dev. There is no Windows app on the official Windows app store itself.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Are you able to send me a link to this so I can have a closer look?

0 Likes
Romster
Explorer
Options
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/what-is-samsung-multiroom/
select the dropdown on the question ' where can I download the multiroom app
you will see the download links for
Download Multiroom for Windows OS

Download Multiroom for Mac OS

Download Multiroom for Android devices

Download Multiroom for iOS devices
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks! I didn't realise that you were talking about our app, my bad! You can download this from this link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/WAM7500/XU/ Scroll down until you see Wireless Audio - Multiroom for Desktop ver 2.0.28 (MULTI LANGUAGE): Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32bit, 64bit) and tap on it. 

Romster
Explorer
Options
that's for the R7 wireless speaker , I trust that it will be compatible and work with the ms - 650 soundbar?
it is a newer version the one I have installed is 1.5 so I'll instal this one later and see if that has the same full functionality and works as well as the android app does
thanks
0 Likes