Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ms 650sound plus and casting from windows

(Topic created on: 31-10-2019 06:40 PM)
Romster
Explorer
Options

is it possible to cast music from  a windows  pc to the soundbar?

i can cast to the bar using the  samsung multiroom app on my S7 android phone but  dont seem to beable to   send music to the bar   when using the windows version of the  samsung multiroom app  version 1.5.0 on my windows 10 pc. I can  see the soundbar in the  app and can also adjust the baseandrear  speaker volume using the app  so inow that it is communicating with the bar but even after adding muy  music liubrary into the   multiroom  app it dooesnt output to my bar when i  press either play  or long  press and select play track. hasanyone go t thisworking?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
TessM
Mastermind
Options

The app should work with all our audio devices.  Great! Give this a go and let me know how that goes. Hopefully that will works. 

Romster
Explorer
Options
ok ive installed it. you ( Samsung ) need to digitally sign the app because Windows defender warns that it is an unknown publisher. Anyway it is possible to force the instal by saying that you trust it anyway.
it seems to be limited to only allow you to add 10 source folders. ive got my music digitised so I have way more than 10 folders of music. moving on I've browsed into a folder and selected a track but it still doesnt play when I press the play button, this was the same behaviour as in the previous version of the app. You should beable to reproduce this behaviour so at this time I will continue to use my workaround method of casting music directly from my pc using Windows itself and not the Samsung Multiroom app.
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for trying this @Romster Are you able to drop an email to the app developers at multiroom@samsung.com with the app behaviour so they can have a look into this?