Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-S60T volume too low and inconsistent

(Topic created on: 09-12-2020 10:40 PM)
TripleEss
Apprentice
Options

I'vejust bought a hw-s60t soundbar along with a Q60T tv and connected Sky Q via ARC to both (Sky Q to TV, TV to Soundbar with HDMI, correct inputs used), however the volume from the soundbar is very low and is inconsistent. Sometimes having the soundbar volume at 18 - 22 volume the sound is an audible level, however sometimes I have to raise to 40 - 50 and even max it out at 100 to hear. Apart from this being annoying in that I have to constantly change volume, if Alexa comes through the soundbar, it is at the level the soundbar is set and is much louder than what is coming through from the TV or SKY Q.
This is an issue whether using SKy Q or Amazon Prime from the TV so isn't just a SKY Q issue.I've tried all the setting on the soundbar, tv and SkyQ to try to get to the root of the problem but nothing makes much difference to the level of sound being output. I've also put new HDMI cables to all connections, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

34 REPLIES 34
247Lee
Journeyman
Options

This is interesting as I have been having exactly the same issues. My work around was to unplug the soundbar from the mains and reset it. I will try the factory reset. 

as for the volume of Alexa, it’s ridiculous. You would hope that there would be a software update fix that could be engineered to sort out this issue. I am also finding Alexa is way too sensitive and it picks up randomly frequently when watching television. Very frustrating 

Bluefusion
Explorer
Options

Agree

1. Alexa is too sensitive, being set off by the tv; and

2. Alexa needs her own volume control, so you can have the volume up for the tv without Alexa being too loud when she responds.

0 Likes
Bluefusion
Explorer
Options

UPDATE: After working fine for the last week after a factory reset, The issue has returned again, The issue is present via HDMI Arc cable or Bluetooth. At volume level 18 which was at a nice comfortable level, it's now gone extremely quiet (AGAIN!) and to even hear the sound bar I need to turn the volume up to 55+ and at that level if you engage with Alexa she is screaming the house down!

I will contact Samsung again tomorrow, but if I get no suitable response then I have no choice but to send this back as there are far too many issues Hardware/firmware with this unit 😞

Bluefusion
Explorer
Options

Update: Sadly the issue has returned for me again today -  the volume level has dropped again.

I have spoken to Samsung customer services on the phone, and they say IF I have the latest Firmware, Done a factory reset and tried other connection methods (HDMI & Bluetooth) and the problem is still there, then the only option is to return the unit to where I bought it for a refund or replacement. Even when I pointed out other on this forum are having the same issue, so must be a hardware/software issue, they say, there is nothing they can do.

For me this unit is having too many issues that I'm going to return mine for a refund.

1. Volume level dropping that can only be resolved by a factory reset or unplugging;

2. Streaming Amazon music via Soundbar Alexa keeps cutting out (while other Alexa's around my house are fine)

3. Alexa is currently too sensitive and keeps activating while watching TV.

4. Alexa volume is too loud and needs a separate volume control.

247Lee
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the update. Wow for such an obvious basic issue I am surprised they can’t provide a fix. 

I have only had mine for about 6 weeks and I now have a decision to make, whether to follow you and return it as I am fed up with regular Alexa interruption and inconsistent levels of volume. 

thanks for getting back to us 

Dude1111
Apprentice
Options

you not the only one by the looks of it, the volume went down on me today and cant get t back up.  Samsung need get this sorted ASPA, ive sent them a text chat see if they can help /?????

Dude1111
Apprentice
Options

has it sorted it self out now ??? im having same problems 

Graham7819
First Poster
Options
this issue is infuriating, set volume around 15 to 20 for a decent sound level and voice assistant seems around same level then for no reason after voice assistant is activated the voice assistant becomes really loud, the volume even though still at same level is now much more quiet, you then have to turn up the volume on sounbar to a higher setting to get the same volume as before, the voice assistant is then window shattering loud. this is really not good enough for the cost of this sound bar. have reset soundbar a couple of times but the issue is recurring and it needs fixed.
247Lee
Journeyman
Options

It’s interesting to hear other people’s issues on here. I’m still having the same problems with Alexa being too loud. I’m tempted to turn it off.  The only reason I am not returning this soundbar is that I am waiting for 50% cash back as I bought a tv and soundbar together. The money back makes this a decent purchase for the price. I am hopeful that there will be a software update at some point that addresses this problem. 

Dude1111
Apprentice
Options
I've give up and put my Panasonic back on. I'm glad it's a freebie one. I just use it has a Bluetooth alexa speaker now. If people read this stay away from it