Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q800A - can't connect to WiFi as the soundbar doesn't register through SmartThings on my Samsung Account

(Topic created on: 04-02-2022 09:34 PM)
leavingadream
Student
Options

I've recently bought a new soundbar - HW-Q800A, but from the start have had issues setting it up. Currently, I cannot get it connected to WiFi netowork. SmartThings App recognises new equipment and starts the set up process, but ends up with an error as the product cannot be registered to my Samsung Account. I've tried the fix solutions provided on the app - (switch off the soundbar, restart the router etc) - but nothing has worked. 

Anyone experiencing the same issue?

19 REPLIES 19
RG444
Apprentice
Options

I have a similar issue, I have the HW-Q700A and my SmarThings app can't even find the soundbar. Samsung please help us. 

TurkDon97
First Poster
Options

Just got a Q800A soundbar and had the same problem. I found a fix on another old thread though that worked for me first try.

First, ensure you have Two-Factor Authentication set up on your Samsung account. I hear this won’t work otherwise. Once that’s set up, continue on.

You want to sign out of the SmartThings app, delete the SmartThings app, reboot your phone, and unplug your soundbar.

When your phone starts up again, plug in the soundbar and turn it on, and make sure it’s on the WiFi source. Then install the SmartThings app on your phone, open the app and immediately sign in to your Samsung account on the first screen that appears (there should be a button for this). Accept all permissions that pop up (like location, connect to devices, allow microphone and such). If the location popup requires you to go to Settings for Always Allow, then press the Settings button and toggle that on, then go back to the SmartThings app.

You should get an automatic pop up to add your device. Make sure you press Add, and not the other options (Later and Not Now). The setup process should work properly now. (You’ll even get an extra step at the beginning now to add location and room).

Hope this helps.

alexgerch
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue with Q800A soundbar, it just hangs at the last step of adding in SmartThings saying registering with your Samsung account...

Unfortunately Samsung support is useless. Did you find a way to resolve it?

0 Likes
Sagarlawhate
First Poster
Options

Having exact same issue. The method told above did not work for me. Need help connecting the soundbar via wifi. Smartthings app is stuck at registering user. Very frustrating.

leavingadream
Student
Options

Dear all, it's strangely comforting to hear that others came across the same issue as I did. Clearly, there is something wrong with the SmartThings App or the soundbar. I hope Samsung will look into it soon as it's been incredibly frustrating. 

In any case, somehow I've managed to finally connect the soundbar to my WiFi network but it's unclear to me which step has actually worked. In desperation, I've gone through these steps:

- completely closed my Samsung Account (deleted the account) and deleted SmartThings App

- reset the soundbar and the router

- opened a new Samsung Account

- downloaded SmartThings App

- turned on the soundbar

- proceeded with the set-up process, which this time, successfully registered the device to my Samsung Account. 

It's hard to tell why it has finally worked as I've tried all of these steps before. But somehow it did. 

I wish everyone good luck!

0 Likes
DorantesAj
First Poster
Options

this works for me! I just activate the two factor authentication, thank you!

0 Likes
elcoyotino
Student
Options

Hey dude, just wanted to reply to say thanks. I was at wits' end with this on my S60A soundbar, and your fix worked! No clue why, but it did! Thank you!

0 Likes
elcoyotino
Student
Options

Hey dude, just wanted to reply to say thanks. I was at wits' end with this on my S60A soundbar, and your fix worked! No clue why, but it did! Thank you!

0 Likes
lagozit
First Poster
Options

Q700A here. I bought a micro usb OTG cable (male micro USB to female USB type A) and updated the firmware with the USB. As soon as I plugged in the USB, it started showing "upda-te" in the led display and restart after a while. After the firmware update, I could connect to smartthings and register the soundbar.

0 Likes