Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-Q800A Audio Level Problem

(Topic created on: 15-03-2022 11:40 AM)
Jaboc
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have an HW-Q800A, hooked up to an LG OLEDE7P via the ARC HDMI input.

When watching content in "Surround" or "Adaptive" settings, the volume will randomly fluctuate.  The sound bar volume itself does not change, but the sound will come out muffled and sometimes change randomly.  Loud action seems to kick it back to normal, but eventually it will become muffled again.  This has generally been content being watched via native apps (Netflix, Disney, etc...).

This has also occurred when playing music via youtube from a phone, and streaming it to the soundbar.  Don't recall if it was wi-fi or BT, but i think wi-fi.

So far the "Standard" setting does not appear to have any issues, but of course, I don't get to enjoy the full range of sound like that.

Samsung wants me to send it back since it's under warranty, but that it a serious hassle.  The only troubleshooting they asked for was a hard reset.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Sound settings for the best sound on your Samsung TV

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062196/
0 Likes
randombeats
Journeyman
Options

Will this work if he has an lg TV? 

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options

Hi,
Samsung sound bars work well with LG TVs. In most cases you should have multiple options for how you connect the two. Some of these options involve wires like HDMI, while others are wireless like bluetooth. The best option may depend on your particular TV’s capabilities and connections
0 Likes