Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-MS650 Soundbar stuck in D.IN

(Topic created on: 17-08-2022 09:33 PM)
Members_Q5VCXfp
Student
Options

I started switching power off at mains to save on Electricity and my HW-MS650 Soundbar is now permanently stuck in D.IN mode. 

Samsung Tech Support have been useless and made me waste time downloading an update to a USB only to then find there is no USB port.  In any case the soundbar was up to date with software because it auto updates (per manual).  In the end I have been told to send it to an approved repairer at my expense which is standard from Samsung when their expensive, poor quality products fail out of warranty. 

The device is not capable of a hard reset due to the fault and trying to trigger one just keeps the display as 'D.IN'.  I have taken it apart and reset all the cables, to no effect. 

I read of an identical fault with the HW-MS550 which had varying solutions (none work for me) but one consumer said theirs was repaired in warranty by replacing a circuit board. 

In a last bid of desperation I have purchased an optical audio cable, seeing as the mode is jammed in D.IN, however i'm not convinced this will work. 

If anyone has had this problem or knows which of the three circuit boards is likely the culprit (and where a replacement can be purchased) please drop me a message.

20220817_184429.jpg20220817_184456.jpg20220817_184904.jpg

As a side note, the Samsung TV I purchased around the same time failed earlier this year and again Samsung didn't want to know about it.  After a lot of battling, the retailer (Currys) accepted it back for  free repair and were unable to fix so issued a part refund (fair use - consumer rights act). 

If anyone is considering a group legal action against Samsung regarding their lack of accountability under consumer rights law, I would again be interested to hear from you.  In this case Samsung were the retailer I purchased from and their sales department think that consumer rights law does not apply to them and have refused a part refund or free repair.   

This infringes my consumer rights under the reasonable person test where it would be expected a product of this price range to have sufficient quality for it to last beyond three years.  A refusal to repair the device or offer a part refund and return of the product would imo be seen as unreasonable by a court. 

17 REPLIES 17
rouxton
Journeyman
Options

Here is the mainboard
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EwjfTLR

As per the pictures or video, I did not do that but it's pretty straightforward if you're well equipped and handy. Otherwise, I would not recommend tondo this by yourself. 

ZK1
Explorer
Options

Thank you Sir! That’s the most progress I’ve seen on this since 2019! 😂 is there any soldering required or is it just plug and play? I’m well equipped and handy but have big hands so soldering fixes on circuit boards is always a worry! Thank you again 🙏🏽 

0 Likes
rouxton
Journeyman
Options

No soldering at all, just being cautious when you disassemble the sound bar as everything is fixed with glue (so even when you'll have removed all the screws, you'll need a bit of effort) but again nothing too difficult. 

Once you have access to the motherboard, replacing it takes 5 mins max. You have some small connectors but with the right tool and a bit of patience, not that difficult.

ZK1
Explorer
Options

Thank you again! That’s very helpful and appreciate you sharing the knowledge! I’ll let you know how I get on - I too hate throwing things I’ve worked hard to buy away. When it worked the sound was pretty good - I hope get this working - thanks again 

0 Likes
ZK1
Explorer
Options

Hi - just to let you know I ordered the part and replaced as suggested…it worked!!! Perfectly!! Thank you so much! £1000+ worth of useless Samsung kit is now working perfectly…with no help at all from Samsung! Thank you so so much! Really appreciate it. Anyone facing the stuck in D-IN issue, please follow the genius Rouxton’s suggestion, I can confirm it resolves the issue and costs half the cost of a repair call out! Awesome, thank you again sir! 🤙🏽

Members_ZpO9xh1
First Poster
Options

Hi, I also just finished putting the replacment part in, worked perfectly. Thank you so much for the information. I really  didn't want to buy a new Soundbar since this one has been great. Had it for 5 years now and want to keep it for a long time still.

PSAI
First Poster
Options

Same problem here in NZ, sub, rear speaker set up but soundbar stuck in loop. Bought a new one but not compatible with the sub. Have to try this solution. Thank you for sharing this info..might just be the thing I need.

0 Likes
Cjglazcano
First Poster
Options

Did it solve the issue??

0 Likes