Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-F350 Soundbar

(Topic created on: 02-06-2019 01:40 PM)
Crayford85
Student
Options

Hi,

its an old model soundbar but it’s been great. Using a Phillips tv.

over the past couple of weeks the sound volume just goes down on its own for a while and then resumes to normal.

ive checked the connections and looked to see if there’s a firmware upgrade but the Samsung site doesn’t recognise it.

Any advice would be most welcome.

TIA

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AntS
Options

Hi @Crayford85 .

How odd! I'm guessing it's happening across all sources? Any common factor you've noticed for when it goes down on its own, e.g. a channel or source change?

Latest firmware for the HW-F350 is version 1006 (from back in 2013), which should be available to download on to a USB from the Downloads bit here.

Crayford85
Student
Options

Hi Ant,

Thanks for the reply. I did try replying via the email you sent but it wouldn’t go through.

your suggestion about source change made me try our DVD player which hasn’t been used for some time. The sound did not reduce on dvd playback, so I’m wondering if the problem could be with our Virgin tv box although not sure how or what that could be?

I will attempt the update on the soundbar.

Regards

Crayford85

0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries, @Crayford85 . :smiling-face:

The emails from this place are from a 'no-reply'  address - so they're just notifications in esscence. (Clicking on the thread title in them should take you to the relevant thread.)

Virgin TV boxes are a little outside of my ken. I found some stuff on the Virgin Media Community about volume issues (mostly with the V6 box it seems) here  and here.  Not sure if anything there will help, but it might be worth checking out if you suspect the box is the issue in this instance.

Let us know how things go.

0 Likes