Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freestyle Projector - IR Control

(Topic created on: 04-12-2023 11:34 AM)
SirScannell
Journeyman
Options
Does anyone else have the issue with a freestyle being controlled by a Samsung TV remote in the same room?

The Freestyle works off Bluetooth, so I can manage the use of the freestyle controller. 

However, when I use my Samsung Frame 55 2022 edition remote, this controls the freestyle as well.

Any cleaver people - know how we can solve or Samsung can, you have a firmware update that allows to disable IR control 

Regards 
Dennis
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @SirScannell ,

It seems that the projector is receiving the TV remote IR signal. At the moment, there is no way to deactivate this, to avoid this you may need to turn the projector so this is not on the range of the IR signal or the TV. We will also ensure that this is fed back to our developers to be considered in further updates. 

0 Likes
SirScannell
Journeyman
Options
Thank you. This is a major issue currently. I am going to try the technical solution of tape over the sensor.

The location of which is in the manual on page 5 - Item 4.
0 Likes
SirScannell
Journeyman
Options
Hi All

Solved this by using a laptop web camera privacy stick on, to the Freestyle

It allows you to close to stop IR when you want to disable and open it when you require IR for any reason.

No need to cover IR on the TV.
0 Likes
BuffyCoops
First Poster
Options

Has this still not been fixed. Just got a freestyle and my TV remotes are all turning it on and off. It's so annoying

0 Likes