Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set my Soundbar to default audio output when I start my UE75NU8000?

(Topic created on: 04-03-2019 08:57 AM)
Baranjagon
First Poster
Options

I have my soundbar connected via optical cable to my tv. It turns on and off with the tv but I have to switch the audio output from tv speakers to the soundbar everytime I start my tv. Is there a way to define a standard and have the soundbar as default audio output channel? I was searching the internet and the settings menu but couldn't find a solution.

Thx for feedback.

11 REPLIES 11
Rinoan
First Poster
Options

I have this same issue. Does anyone know how to set the default audio output to optical on a samsung tv?

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Baranjagon and @Rinoan.

There's a note on this on page 38 of the user manual for the TV. This refers to making sure the audio device is switched on, before connecting the optical cable.

Give this a whirl and let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
Simon77yy
First Poster
Options

Anyone sorted this?

0 Likes
harryhiggs
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue and it is extremely annoying. Anyone have a fix?

shefcanary
First Poster
Options
I have a soundboard connected by Bluetooth. Is there a way of getting that to be the default for the TV?
0 Likes
Vin L
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, are their any fixes for this? This is supposed to be a “smart” tv!

MarkBC
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue - the Samsung sound bar, connected to a Samsung TV constantly resets itself to TV Speakers rather than staying on DIN as it should..   I never connect or disconnect the optical cable.

Steps to reproduce:

With the TV on and a device like Apple TV (connected to the TV) turned on and the Samsung Sound Bar set to DIN (changing volume up/down displays a long string on the TV saying it is using Digital audio).....

1) Use the Apple TV remote to turn off the attached device (Apple TV).  This will cause the Samsung TV to automatically turn off as well.  Unclear whether the Samsung sound bar turns off or just hibernates.

2) Use the Apple TV remote to turn the Apple TV back on.  This automatically turns the Samsung TV back on as well, and wakes up the Samsung Power Bar.   

3) At this point, it is clear the sound has reverted to TV Speaker, but to prove it, just do volume up or down.  The message displayed on the TV shows TV Speaker with a volume level.

At this point you have to either turn the Samsung Power Bar off and back on to get it to reset to DIN,  or you have to manually cycle through the Samsung Power Bar inputs until you get to DIN.

It is VERY frustrating to have to reset the Samsung Power Bar input every time I turn on the Apple TV.

I do not understand your suggestion of "making sure the audio device is switched on before connected the audio cable."   I never disconnect the audio cable so why would I reconnect it every time I want to turn on the Apple TV?

Is there some way to freeze (or set the default) Samsung Power Bar setting to be DIN?

0 Likes
MattO1976
First Poster
Options

Hi, dunnonif ur soundbar has WiFi built in? Mine does with alexa..  mine is on the house wifi as is the tv, both samsung. Mine is set on alexa. So i added my devices to alexa and then set a rule that when tv turns on soundbar does to and when tv turns off the soundbar turns off. This then makes the tv switch to the soundbar automatically.  Im glad i went for one with wifi as i dont think u can gwt ur tv to auto switch otherwise. Which is frustrating. 

powerpew
First Poster
Options

Was able to get my non-wifi soundbar to do the same with a smart outlet & Samsung's SmartThings rules. Thanks for the advice!

0 Likes